Complaint Review: Bright Builders, Auctionroad

• Submitted: Fri, December 26, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, March 16, 2004

• Reported By:South Ozone Park New York
Bright Builders, Auctionroad
P.O. Box 1104 Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Bright Builders, Auctionroad Used E-Bay Pop-up to divert business ripoff Provo Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Refunded customer

Back in July of this year, I sought to establish an internet business using E-Bay, and just happened to click on an "eBay" pop-up, the outcome of which was to be contacted by a company named Auctionroad. This company sent me literature (for which they charged 89.00 plus $9.00 for shipping)and a web address for accessing their introductory training material. Later I was contacted by a person called Aneel Paul, who informed me that It would cost $3,752.00 to become an internet merchant with his "team," never mentioning that they have nothing to do with eBay, or that he was from a different company, Bright Builders. He also impressed that it was important to make a decision that same night. Believing I was dealing with eBay, I agreed to get started with his group. I spent four months building a website using their services, at the end of which I was unable to access the services needed to actually do any selling on the internet.

Eleanor
South Ozone Park, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2003 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-Builders-Auctionroad/Provo-Utah-84603/Bright-Builders-Auctionroad-Used-E-Bay-Pop-up-to-divert-business-ripoff-Provo-Utah-75895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright Builders, Auctionroad

Refunded customer

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

We have provided Eleanor with a full refund.

We spent many, many, hours supporting Eleanor over a 6 month period trying to help her make things work for her. Despite this considerable effort extended by our company, she was dissatisfied and we ultimately returned all of her money.

Admittedly we made some mistakes in supporting her account, but overall we feel that we went the extra mile to try to help her out.

We never represented ourselves as being from eBay. She purchased a product from a company called Auctionroad who has legally contracted with us to contact their customers to see if they would be interested in our services.

Eleanor is a kind lady who had a confusing and frustrating experience and we wish her the best.