Complaint Review: Bright Builders

• Submitted: Tue, April 11, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 18, 2006

• Reported By:Stuart Florida
Bright Builders
1510 N Technology Way Orem, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-342-1990
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Bright Builders, Guy Griffin Deceptive, unprofessional sales tactics Orem Utah

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You are smearing a GOOD company because of the sleazy, dishonest tactics of some independent con-artists!

I was contacted by Nathan and later by Phil. After much conversation we disagreed on one item and then he hunhup on me. On 4/11/2006 I was contacted by Guy Griffin. When I was quoted a price of $5,865 I inquired as to what I would get for this investment. He would not give me a straight answer and finally said "you are a pain in the ***" and hungup on me. I think I have a right to know what I should expect in return for almost $6,000. This company may have a great service (although I doubt it) but the contact I had with them I would not recommend.

Herb
Stuart, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2006 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-Builders/Orem-Utah-84097/Bright-Builders-Guy-Griffin-Deceptive-unprofessional-sales-tactics-Orem-Utah-186039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright Builders

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: D. - (U.S.A.)

I was a BB employee. They do not even have their own sales force. That means they rely on resellers to sell their products and services. One of the biggest problems we faced was dealing with the dishonest actions of salesmen that worked for independent resellers.

These "salesmen" would lie, make empty promises, and completely misrepresent our company and its products. We had employees that spent most of their work week auditing the transactions of resellers, working with the customers who called with complaints, and forcing the offending resellers to give refunds to customers that were lied to during the sales process.

Another problem faced by this and other companies that provide ecommerce services is that there are several extremely sleazy companies that make their business to prey upon the new customers of legitimate businesses like BB. These crooks look up the contact information for newly registered domain names (ie. www.yourbusinessname.com) They then contact the web site owner and represent themselves to be BB, and they use high-pressure tactics to sell them stuff that has nothing to do with the company they're misrepresenting themselves to be. The best you can do as a company to combat these dirtbags is to spend money on lawyers to sue them, but they often just shut down their "business" and pop up under some other name.

During my work at BB, I have found them to be decent, hardworking and honest folks, who make great software, and spend a big part of their revenues on providing excellent customer support. So please don't slam the reputation of a good company because of the actions of a few con artists.