Complaint Review: Bright Effects - Lowes

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By:huntington West Virginia
Bright Effects - Lowes
South Point, Ohio U.S.A.

Bright Effects Lowes fluorescent light bulbs, spiral, dead bulbs, burn out quickly South Point Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Bright Effects light bulbs

I bought a four pack of Bright Effects brand fluorescent bulbs from Lowe's.

The first bulb I took out of the package was dead, did not work. I've been here before with GE and Phillips lighting companies. These bulbs are not saving me money! I have replaced probably 10 not working, burned out bulbs this year.

I have saved all reciepts, packages,and actually marked the bulbs. I have contacted GE and Phillips about their bulbs not lasting. They want me to send the bulbs to them. As of today, I am unable to contact Bright Effects. I will try to return them to Lowes.

Maybe Al Gore could check into this rip-off.

Jerie
huntington, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2007 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-Effects-Lowes/South-Point-Ohio/Bright-Effects-Lowes-fluorescent-light-bulbs-spiral-dead-bulbs-burn-out-quickly-South-P-287359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright Effects - Lowes

Bright Effects light bulbs

AUTHOR: Bobithacany - (U.S.A.)

It is true that Bright Effects light bulbs do not last as long as they used to.

I have never had a dead bulb out of the package.

Compared to Utilitech Bulbs that Lowes is now promoting, Bright Effects is much better.

I refuse to purchase Utiltech Light Bulbs. These bulbs do burn out quickly, the brightness is not near as good as Bright Effects and I have had dead bulbs from them.

I have brought this to attention of Lowes with no changes happening.

I believe this to be a pricing issue for not changing.

Robert G. Berggren