Complaint Review: Bright Effects

• Submitted: Sat, June 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 20, 2009

• Reported By:Kaufman Texas
Bright Effects
4901 Gregg Road Pico Rivera, California U.S.A.

Bright Effects - FEC Lowes Bright Effects Energy Saving Light Bulds Pico Rivera California

These light bulds are a complete rip off. I replaced 20 of my regular bulds with these. Within one month 3 burned out and 1 did not work out of the box. That makes a 25% failure rate.

I tried to call the contact number on the box (866-326-bulb) and it is no longer contected. You are asked to call national directory assistance (101-515-8000) for a cost of $5.49. I did not try to call it. This tells me they know they have a problem or they are no longer in business

I expected more out of Lowes. They should remove this product from their shelves now. I will try to return the bulb that did not work to begin with to them. This is a cost to me, because my Lowes is 30 minutes away.

Texas lady
Kaufman, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2009 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-Effects/Pico-Rivera-California-90660/Bright-Effects-FEC-Lowes-Bright-Effects-Energy-Saving-Light-Bulds-Pico-Rivera-California-463184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright Effects