Complaint Review: Bright House Networks Central Florida

• Submitted: Tue, October 12, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, October 13, 2010

• Reported By: Bullied Customer — Melbourne Florida United States of America
Bright House Networks Central Florida

Bright House Networks Central Florida Poor Quality Cable, Very Rude Customer Service Reps, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Here to help

I came home to find my internet was not working. I knew it would be something simple, like just re-setting it. But that's something they have to do from their end.

I called and there are so many confusing menus to get through before you can talk to a person. I was disconnected 3 times. When I finally got through, the rep was very rude and unprofessional. The first 15 minutes of the call were spent on trying to locate my account. I have been a customer for several years. I provided him with my full name, address, account number, etc. I think the only personal info I didn't give him was my shoe size! He still couldn't locate my account but he was rude about it, acting as if it were my fault. I was reading it directly from the statement. Then, as I am reading the numbers off my modem, he tells me he can't hear me, so I repeat myself, a little louder. He says, "There's no need to shout!" My jaw dropped. If I hadn't been so stressed, I would have laughed! I thought that it was common courtesy to speak up when someone can't hear you. I don't shout at people. The problem was eventually resolved; I was transferred to someone else who took 3 minutes to reset my internet connection. I still wonder why we didn't try that first. It would have saved a lot of time.

I just can't believe what passes for customer service these days. I work in the service industry and deal with customers every day. I would expect to lose my job if I spoke to a customer this way. It is unacceptable. I am paying around $150 a month for cable and internet. When there is an issue and I have to call customer service, it would be nice to be treated like a valued customer.

Also, the cable TV picture freezes and skips; it is impossible to watch a show.

Why am I paying for this? Note to self: Look into other cable and internet providers.

If you sign up with Bright House, I hope you do not have any technical or service issues because calling Customer Service will not be pleasant. Just a warning. We have to look out for each other.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2010 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-House-Networks-Central-Florida/internet/Bright-House-Networks-Central-Florida-Poor-Quality-Cable-Very-Rude-Customer-Service-Reps-650224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright House Networks Central Florida

Here to help

AUTHOR: BHNInsider - (United States of America)

My name is Chris Berry and I work for Bright House Networks. I would like to help and get these issues resolved. Please contact me at Chris.Berry@mybrighthouse.com. Thank you!