Complaint Review: Bright House Networks

• Updated: Mon, April 26, 2010

• Reported By: Central Florida — Kissimmee Florida United States of America
Bright House Networks
210 Center St. Cape Canaveral, Florida United States of America

Bright House Networks Bright House Bait and Switch Promotions Cape Canaveral, Florida

Bright House blatantly practices bait and switch on it's customers.  They sign you up for phone/internet combo at $60 per month without telling you it is a promotional rate only. Three months later your bill goes up without warning.

During my first call with them they advise me I was on a "one year promotional" and don't know why I was accidentally dropped after three months.  This is the first I here that I am on a "promotional rate", but ok; one year is not up.  They offer to put me back on the plan and.............the following month they are still taking $90 out of my autodraft

After two months of calling, a supervisor finally says that they "audited" their customers and found that I could only have this "promo" if they had also included cable.  They cannot find another plan for me, so I must continue to pay the higher rate.

After spending time and energy explaining the concept of "bad customer service" and "Bait and Switch", she offers me a one time $150 credit.  I take it, but will drop them as soon as possible.

Beware of anything they promise you.  Get it in writing. Although, in the end if they "Audit" and decide that your install was not in compliance with their rules; (in writing or not) they will ultimately screw you.  The little guy does not have a chance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2010 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-House-Networks/Cape-Canaveral-Florida-32920/Bright-House-Networks-Bright-House-Bait-and-Switch-Promotions-Cape-Canaveral-Florida-596796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright House Networks