Complaint Review: Bright House Networks

• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Frank — Dunedin Florida United States of America
Bright House Networks
700 Carillon Pkwy, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 Dunedin, Florida United States of America

Bright House Networks Bad Cable TV Reception, No Customer Service Dunedin, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Chris

I have been a Bright House customer for numerous years and have had consistent problems lack of service and not keeping up their local equipment to the point where they can deliver the service they are being paid for.

I have 4 HDDVR boxes, and a bundled package.  Sunday I started to experience a serious diminished signal, our TVs were cutting in and out, tiling, lagging and skipping on live shows.

On Sunday 08/03/2012, I called Bright House Customer care, they had me reset all of the cable boxes which had no affect, I still experienced a serious diminished signal, our TVs were cutting in and out, tiling, lagging and skipping on live shows.  The customer service representative said that she would have to schedule an appointment for a technician to come out, the first available appointment was Tuesday between the hours of 10:00 and 12:00 noon.  I accepted the appointment and my wife had to take the day off from work.

The repair technician arrived just before noon, he was a private sub contractor working for Knight Enterprises, not an actual Bright House Employee.  He added a signal booster, which is interesting because the last time we had a problem the technician came out and removed a signal booster and said that the booster was pushing the signal out of range.  So this technician put a booster back on. After my wife explained this to him.

I arrived home from work, turned the TV on in my den to find that the reception was actually worse.

We immediately called Bright House and complained and asked that they send out another technician, the Bright House rep said that a technician would be out to our house no later that 8:00 p.m. that day.  Approximately 20 minutes after we hung up with the Bright House customer care, we received a call from the same technician that was at our house earlier in the day and said that he was told since he was the original technician he had to come back out and fix the problem.    The Technician went on to ask us if he could come back tomorrow as he is home and he has approximately 1 hour drive to get to our house and another 1 hour drive back home.  When he was told no we wanted it fixed today, he pleaded to let him come first thing in the morning, at the end he ended up refusing to come back today before 8:00 pm as Bright House promised.

We called bright House customer service, informing them of the above only to be told that it is their policy that the same technician must return to fix the problem.  When we complained further, we were told that she would place a trouble ticket and if we did not hear within a half hour call back.  Needless to say we did not hear back, called again was put on hold for 20-minutes several times to be told there is nothing they can do.

I am now at 4 days without cable TV and counting.  They certainly know how to send bills, but provide what people pay for not so much!!

I am reminded of Bright Houses Hello Friend campaign, where they say At Bright House Networks we see customers as friends. We promise...  well always be there for you, round the clock, and weekends too., well respect your time, and be on time, and service calls wont cost you a penny, well deliver quality products and services, some you cant get anywhere else, and well be happy to answer all your questions, big and small., well make sure you get what you need and like what you get, we guarantee it., youll never have to sign a contract, and youll always have the freedom to change your service, penalty-free., well never take you for granted and well help connect you to what matters most.  This is our promise to you.

Amazing, Hello Friend really, Bright House, Im looking, Im searching, calling your customer service and you are nowhere to be found.  Insert cricket sounds here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-House-Networks/Dunedin-Florida-34698/Bright-House-Networks-Bad-Cable-TV-Reception-No-Customer-Service-Dunedin-Florida-924578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright House Networks

Chris

AUTHOR: BHNInsider - (United States of America)

Please send me an email. I would like to look into this and get resolved. Thanks - Chris.Berry@mybrighthouse.com