Complaint Review: Bright House Networks

• Submitted: Mon, January 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2008

• Reported By:Livonia Michigan
Bright House Networks
14525 Farmington Road Livonia, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-898-9101
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Bright House Networks - Time Warner Cable Unfair and undocumented charge of 58.81 to cancel a service. Livonia Michigan

I called Bright House to cancel my Cable TV because they announced yet another price increase of 15%. (This is the 3rd year in a row they have raised my cable by 15%!!!). In that same letter they bragged that "a competitor" in my area is raising their rates by 5%. Well gosh! If only I were so lucky. Anyhow, I am back on the old rabbit ears and UHF loop and its working out just fine.

Bright House informed me it would be $58.81 to cancel because they have to send someone out to the house to unhook the TV portion of my service from my line since I'm keeping the cable modem portion. So much for no contracts with Cable. Ive asked for a manager to call me and explain this nonsense. No call back yet. I would appreciate an explanation from Bright House as to why they think this is good customer service.

Steve
Livonia, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2008 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-House-Networks/Livonia-Michigan-48154/Bright-House-Networks-Time-Warner-Cable-Unfair-and-undocumented-charge-of-5881-to-cance-304180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright House Networks