Complaint Review: Bright House

• Submitted: Fri, June 08, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, October 28, 2007

• Reported By:Birmingham Alabama
Bright House
6429 1st Ave South Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.

Bright House Networks Dishonest about fees Fraudulent Billing ripoff Birmingham Alabama

*Consumer Suggestion: Its In Your Contract :)

Bright House sends statements increasing fees for services. Upon calling to have fees decreased, representatives will sign customers up for decreased fees but fail to inform customers that fees are for limited times frames.

I was given an amount of approximately $ 59.00 for high speed internet and cable service. After 6 months my account rose to over $ 80.00. Upon calling I was then informed that my previous payment was for a promotion. No one told me I was on a promotion.

I called and was told that I could get high speed internet and have my payment decreased even though I already had high speed internet. The representative told me my next bill would be for $ 49.00. The service man came out and intalled a box for my T.V. for more channels. The information given to me by the representative was false.

My next bill arrived and was for $ 98.oo. Upon calling the representative, I was told that the representative was "only human" and I would indeed need to pay the $ 98.00.

For over a year, it has been difficult to communicate with representatives and obtain accurate information regarding services, fees, and plans. If I call more than one representative , I get different information and apologies regarding false information previously given to me.

Bright House of Birmingham needs to provide accurate information which is not misleading. Statements need to reflect amounts quoted to customers by Bright House representatives. It appears Bright House wants to install services they select, quote one price, and charge the customer whatever they desire - all at the customer's expense.

If you have experienced similar circumstances with Bright House, I would appreciate your emailing me

Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2007 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bright-House/Birmingham-Alabama-35212/Bright-House-Networks-Dishonest-about-fees-Fraudulent-Billing-ripoff-Birmingham-Alabama-253297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bright House

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Its In Your Contract :)

AUTHOR: Garrettfrommichigan - (U.S.A.)

Dear Myra,

Your ranting is understandable however each company is required to follow both law and their own policies. Bright House, along with a plethora of other companies, provide new customers with a contract, or something like it, explaining their policies and procedures. Each company reserves the right to change their policies or procedures with or without notifying you. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a consumer to make sure the agreement you are entering is solid. Thus meaning you receive a letter from a company stating what you were told on the phone thus making it virtually IMPOSSIBLE for that company to rebut in any way your claims of misinformation.

Best of luck,