Complaint Review: Brighton Homes

• Updated: Tue, January 07, 2014

• Reported By: Bayo — Houston Texas
Brighton Homes
26330 Landover Hills Lane or 3615 Cameron Bluff La Houston, Texas USA

Brighton Homes Brighton Homes trying to cheat citizen and steal money Houston Texas

Brighton homes collected $1000 earnest money for a house we planned building in Silver Ranch Katy Houston and they also collected $6000 as deposit for our closing.

Due to financial changes beyond our control we could not continue with the contract.

We reached out to Brighton homes to help refund our $6000 for over a month now but Scott has categorically stated he will not refund the funds no matter where I go or who I contact because he is the primary person within the whole organization of K Hovnanian that has the power to decide what happens which I find strange – 1 person stronger than the organization he works for.

I also talked about the reputation of Brighton Homes at stake but he insisted there is little I can do even if I get a lawyer because they already have a BBB rating.

According to the contract page 17 which he did not know about: Default: In event of any default by Purchaser under this contract, the Earnest Money will be retained by Seller and this contract shall be terminated.

Earnest Money is $1000 and the Deposit is $6000

Therefore Deposit is supposed to be refunded. I need whoever is in charge to look into this untouchable Big Giant’s case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brighton-Homes-/Houston-Texas/Brighton-Homes-Brighton-Homes-trying-to-cheat-citizen-and-steal-money-Houston-Texas-1113585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brighton Homes