Complaint Review: Brightwood Grant Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, October 14, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 10, 2009

• Reported By: Stacy — Atlanta Georgia USA
Brightwood Grant Inc.
8043 15th Ave W Vancouver, British Columbia United States of America

Brightwood Grant Inc. I was sent a letter stating that my grant was approved in the amount of $35,000. They sent a check in the amount of $2,979.75. Vancouver, British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Probable Scam

I received a letter stating that I had been approved for a grant in the amount of $35,000.  They also sent a check for the amount of $2,979.75.  I never put in for a grant with this company.  I've never heard of them. The company is Brightwood Grant Inc.  I'm currently unemployed, why would someone do this, I wish I could cash the check.  But I decided to check them out first.  I have try to get a grant in the past, but I believe you have to put a proposal in first.  What can be done to prevent this from happening to someone else?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2009 10:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brightwood-Grant-Inc/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V6R2h8/Brightwood-Grant-Inc-I-was-sent-a-letter-stating-that-my-grant-was-approved-in-the-amoun-509489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brightwood Grant Inc.

Probable Scam

AUTHOR: KenXP - (USA)

This is most likely a scam.  Think about it - Why would a company give you money you didn't even ask for?  If you applied for the grant, met it's criteria, then yeah, maybe it's legit.  But if what you say is true and you never applied for or even heard of this company, sounds like a scam to me.