Complaint Review: Brilliance, LLC

• Reported By: Sharise Chappell — Reseda California United States of America
Brilliance, LLC
3469 Boynton Beach Blvd #3 Boynton Beach, FL Internet United States of America

Brilliance, LLC Diamond not so clear Internet, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer was well informed of the EGL color discrepancies

I ordered a $22,400 3ct diamond from brilliance and was happy with the appearance of it. I took the
diamond and my setting, which I purchased from somewhere else to a jeweler in Beverly Hills. He informed
me that he could place the diamond in my setting but I want to let you know you have a brown diamond.
I asked him how much is it worth if I want to upgrade later. He told me the diamond was worth $10,000.
I had never even herd of a brown diamond. I returned the diamond and received my money back in
14 days. Which was 4 days past their 3-10 day refund process. From now on I will buy my jewelry in person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2012 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brilliance-LLC/internet/Brilliance-LLC-Diamond-not-so-clear-Internet-Internet-894937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brilliance, LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer was well informed of the EGL color discrepancies

AUTHOR: Brilliance - (United States of America)

We are sorry you did not like the stone you purchased. We pride ourselves in educating our customers before they purchase and in some cases after should they choose to pick out a stone with out or assistance. In either case we will not ship out a stone that is brown, hazy or otherwise included with out informing the customer which is another reason why Brilliance does not drop ship merchandise like our competitors.

The stone purchased was an EGL certified 3.32ct H, VS2 for 22k. Had this stone been a true H, VS2 with GIA it would have costed 3x the price. Customer was well informed of the color and clarity discrepancies of the EGL way before we shipped out the loose diamond and told us to proceed with her order. Brilliance advises and encourages not going below a G color and VS2 clarity with EGL certified stones to compensate for the discrepancies. However, return credit was completed within the allotted time, and as we told customer it can take a couple extra days to reflect the credit to her account.