Complaint Review: BringFido.com

• Submitted: Sun, January 17, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, January 17, 2010

• Reported By: Robert — Strasburg Virginia United States of America
BringFido.com
2144 Radnor Court, North Palm Beach, Florida 33408 Internet United States of America

BringFido.com Melissa Halliburton failed to issue refund on canceled motel reservation internet

On December 17th I made a motel reservation on this website for January 9th, one night in Greenville, NC. Oddly enough, my credit card was charged that very same day for $89.61.

On January 8th I canceled the reservation at 8:33 AM. Their website states you must cancel no later than 12:00 noon the day before the reservation to receive a refund. I was well within the time frame.

I received a confirmation email of the reservation with a cancellation number. On January 9th, I checked my credit card to see if I had been credited the $89.61 I was charged. It only stands to reason that if it takes them 5 minutes to charge your credit card, it shouldn't take any longer to credit your card. But there was no credit to my credit card.

So I sent them an email and politely asked where my credit was. The owner of the company, Melissa Halliburton replied that it "typically takes 5 - 7 days for a refund to appear on your credit card." That's great, I pay interest on the money for an additional week.

Well, that additional week went by and still no credit. I sent another email to the owner, Melissa Halliburton and this time my email goes ignored. So here we go, now I have to go through all this hassle to get my money back, which the owner has acknowledged I am owed.

Don't do business with these people. This is a ripoff. I've made motel reservations many, many times and never has my credit card even been charged at the time of the reservation. Typically your card isn't charged until you arrive at the motel and check in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2010 02:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BringFidocom/internet/BringFidocom-Melissa-Halliburton-failed-to-issue-refund-on-canceled-motel-reservation-int-555736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BringFido.com