Complaint Review: British Airways

• Submitted: Tue, April 25, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 26, 2006

• Reported By:Latham New York
British Airways
75-20 Astoria Blvd Jackson Heights, New York U.S.A.

British Airways Incompetent customer support Ripoff Jackson Heights New York

*Consumer Comment: lost luggage

British Airways lost my luggage on August 30 for four days and refuses to acknowledge my 6 faxes for reimbursement on the allowable per diem compensation.

I missed my connecting flight from JFK to Heathrow, Heathrow Madrid. The customer service agent insisted i could catch a plane that would leave Heathrow within an hour of my arrival and assured me that my checked in bag would arrive in Madrid. It did not.

I was staying four hours north of Madrid in Vittoria. My bag was untraceable for two days. I was told when I called. It arrived in Bilbao where it was staying, but did not arrive in my hands for another 36 hours. In the meantime, I was told the case was closed because the bag had been delivered. It had not.

Moreover, the lost baggage number was almost always busy or no one would answer. When they did, the agents had a hard time answering my questions in English. I had to extend my stay in Vittoria because I could not get information on my lost baggage.

I had to purchase new clothes for a wedding. British Airways refuses to acknowledge my 6 requests for compensation.

Janna
Latham, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2006 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/British-Airways/Jackson-Heights-New-York-11370/British-Airways-Incompetent-customer-support-Ripoff-Jackson-Heights-New-York-188472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on British Airways

lost luggage

AUTHOR: Tara - (U.S.A.)

My husband flew British airways 5 days ago, and they have yet to find his luggage. Of course we have no idea how the tracking is going, all we know is that he is overseas where he needs the clothing and had at least a month's worth of clothing in that bag. So mean while, he is shopping for clothes, shoes and toiletries that he had packed, and has way to many things at home just to repurchase everything that he needs for work.