Complaint Review: British Airways

• Updated: Sun, April 07, 2013

• Reported By: rf — Edina
British Airways

British Airways BA should do better... Internet

I just did a search on Kayak for flights to Italy through Kayak and thought, mistakenly, that when they offered to allow you to book through Kayak.com that you were booking through the airline -- they used to transfer you to the airline to book.  Instead, I ended up booking through Travelocity, who informed me they could not assign me seats.

The email told me to to call the airline to book the seats.  Undisclosed in the booking info, to get seat assignments I had to pay $232 to British Airways, on top of the $3,000 for the tickets.  Nowhere did Travelocity or Kayak tell me there would be an additional charge to get seat assignments more than 24 hours before my flight.  I tried calling BA to see if they could help, but after an hour on hold I gave up. TOTAL RIPOFF.  BA should not do business with these firms as they do not disclose the additional charge I got socked with.

I am never using either Travelocity or Kayak again, and am disappointed that BA lets them get away with selling tickets on their behalf without this disclosure.  Service and honesty apparently means nothing to any of these folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2013 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/British-Airways/internet/British-Airways-BA-should-do-better-Internet-1041534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on British Airways