Complaint Review: Broadcast Channel One

• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:Hollywood Florida
Broadcast Channel One
900 S.E. 3rd Ave. Suite #205 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Broadcast Channel One Did not pay me for work I did for them. Will not return e-mails or phone calls. Fort Lauderdale Florida

In October of 2007 I was hired by Chris De Miranda of Broadcast Channel One in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as a food stylist. I did 3 jobs for them. The first I did for free, so they could see the work that I did. They commented how nice the work was, and went on to hire me for 2 other jobs. I quoted them my fee of $150.00 plus the cost of products used for each job, and they agreed.
Upon the completion of each job, they commented on how nice the work was, that I had done. Upon the completion of the second job, Chris De Miranda gave me an invoice for the total amount of the work done and owed to me for the 2 jobs. The total was $459.44.
I contacted Chris, via E-mail, several times about payment, He always responded with the comment that he was out of town and did not receive the e-mail, or that not to worry, I will be payed! To this day I have not received any money from them and they stopped replying to my e-mails and phone calls. I still have the original invoice given to me by Chris De Miranda.
I know that it is not a very large amount of money, but I put in a lot of my own time, money, and expertise, none of which I charged them for.
This is a company I will not do business with again, and have also warned other food stylists in the area of their business practices.

Hollywood, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2008 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Broadcast-Channel-One/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33316/Broadcast-Channel-One-Did-not-pay-me-for-work-I-did-for-them-Will-not-return-e-mails-or-p-342888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Broadcast Channel One