Complaint Review: Broadview media

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: timj — REDDING California United States of America
Broadview media
14 Bond St., Suite 165 Great Neck, New York United States of America

Broadview media Yellow Page confirmation scam Pushy, lying, "just need to confirm your yellow page listing" Great Neck, New York

I decided to take the call, my caller ID said it was out of the area.
They just wanted to 'confirm my yellow page listing' since I have not confirmed in over a year. (Strong Indian accent)
Well, I decided to play along, knowing a colleague of mine who was ripped off for 80.00/mo.
So I said I just wanted to be removed from their list, so they forwarded me to the "verification manager"
I said I did not want to be rude, but did not want to be called again. I said I was going to hang up.
So he said, no problem (Indian accent) just follow the prompts, hit 9 and say yes at the end of the recorded verification. So I did on the first one, then the second one was another service, SEO instead of Web so I hit 9 and I said NO! He came back on the line and asked me why I said no, very rude this time, I said because the whole transaction did not tell me that I could say no. So, then he got really rude, I told him that I felt like I was getting ripped off; which I was. He said there was no way since they did not ask for the ATT account number.
Anyway, the whole things was a scam, I looked up the company  http://broadviewmediaconcepts.com/ and found them on ripoff report.
I then called my ATT rep to put a 3rd party block on my account, they will refuse any charges.
If you want some advice, just put a 3rd party block on your account to prevent these devious liars from getting money from you.
If you don't pay, the FCC can legally cut off your phone line. Which is wrong in so many ways. I asked my ATT rep, why they don't black-list certain vendors from doing this in the first place, they said they were working on it. (Whatever!!)
Word to the wise, just hang up! Prevent the loss of time (Mine was about an hour total) they are devious little weasels, don't give them the time of day

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 11:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Broadview-media/Great-Neck-New-York-11021/Broadview-media-Yellow-Page-confirmation-scam-Pushy-lying-just-need-to-confirm-your-ye-849852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Broadview media