Complaint Review: Broadway Cameras Electronics

• Submitted: Mon, September 11, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, September 11, 2006

• Reported By:8048 Alabama
Broadway Cameras Electronics
1550 Broadway,Corner 46th Street New York, New York U.S.A.

Broadway Cameras Electronics Computer Rip off New York New York

I was in New York and was ripped off buying an IBM Thinkpad, T22 2648. I bought together with the Laptop an IPOD 20 GB, 128 mb memory card and a webcamera. The PC costed USD 649.99. The dealer informed me that it was a new computer and that everything was in order with the PC.

I have now found out that the computer was in fact an old used computer. It had a windows programme which did even support the IPOD. The computer is in fact no longer in sale. I find this absolutely not in order as I thought I was buying a new, reliable more upto date computer which could at the very least have an installed programme that would support the IPOD.

Upon calling the store, the owner/manager insisted that I come by the store when I am next in NY, which to date I have not been, and how can I trust a company that has ripped me off? How can such a dealer be allowed to sell old IBM computers pretending that they are new. He certainly does not do much for trust in NY dealers of computers because by word of mouth such sales rip off reports are spread and simply cause a greater reputational damage than forseeable.

Hafsa
8048, Alabama
Switzerland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2006 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Broadway-Cameras-Electronics/New-York-New-York-10036/Broadway-Cameras-Electronics-Computer-Rip-off-New-York-New-York-210366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Broadway Cameras Electronics