Complaint Review: Broadway Cameras Electronics

• Updated: Fri, December 18, 2009

• Reported By: Fernando — Queretaro Nationwide Mexico
Broadway Cameras Electronics
1550 Bway., Cor 46th New York, New York United States of America

Broadway Cameras Electronics overcharged us by using nasty psychological tactics, including sexual arrasment New York, New York

On December 14, my wife went to Broadway Cameras Electronics to buy a regular memory stick of 1GB, while I was waiting in line to buy some tickets to a show at tkts boooth in NYC.  She ended up paying $44 dollars for the 1GB memory stick, when normally the prices on these are around $10-15 dollars.

This business uses nasty tactics to overcharge the customers.  In the case of my wife, she was being harrased by the salemen at this store.  More especifically, when she was asking for a price check on the memory stick they were saying to her "can I show it to you", referring to something else, other than the memory stick.   She did not receive a receipt for the purchase and before even my wife agreeing to the purchase, the saleman had already installed the memory stick on the camera.

10 minutes after the forced purchade, I went myself to the store to return the memory stick.  They told me that they dont take returns and then made fun of my nationality.

I am amazed by how many ripoff reports we have found on the internet from this business. What is the Consumer & Protection Board from the State of New York and any other responsible authorities doing to stop this practice?  I wouldnt be surprised that people, especially tourists are getting ripoff every hour at this business because of its prime location.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2009 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Broadway-Cameras-Electronics/New-York-New-York-10036/Broadway-Cameras-Electronics-overcharged-us-by-using-nasty-psychological-tactics-includi-541755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Broadway Cameras Electronics