• Report: #512003

• Updated: Tue, October 20, 2009

• Reported By: Carolyn — Alcester Other United Kingdom
Broadway Cameras & Electronics
1550 Times Square Internet United States of America

Broadway Cameras & Electronics Times Squares' Broadway Cameras and Electronics rips off another tourist New York, Internet

I went into this store to buy a remote for my Apple Mac book. The Manager said they didn't stock it. I left the store only to be chased down the road by said manager saying they just came in yesterday. Unfortunately I followed him back into the store. He started by saying it cost $129, I said too much; he added $99 I repeated too much so we agreed on $87 including tax.

I was concerned about how much I paid so I text my son in the UK who replied that he could get one on amazon for 17 approx $26. I returned to the store next day to say I wanted to exchange the remote as my son said I could get one much cheaper. The manager offered me a Sony memory stick for my handycam. Price $189 on the ticket. I can't believe I paid a further $100 in cash to purchase this 8GB stick which retails in the US at $44.

I have reported the company to Sony US who say that they are going to follow this up but will not be able to tell me the outcome. I am not hopeful that anything will be done.

The only thing is I presume nothing can be done to stop these companies as they will sell their stuff for whatever price consumers will pay

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2009 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Broadway-Cameras-Electronics/internet/Broadway-Cameras-Electronics-Times-Squares-Broadway-Cameras-and-Electronics-rips-off-a-512003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Broadway Cameras & Electronics