Complaint Review: Broadway Photo

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Broadway Photo
bwayphoto.com Internet U.S.A.

Broadway Photo deceives customers by charging extras Internet

I tried to buy a Nikon D90 with 2 additional lenses. After searching the internet I placed an order from Broadway Photo. Few minutes after I received an email asking me to call them to "verify payment information".
When I called, I was transferred to an aggressive salesman, who started by confirming my name and shipping address. And then the lies started: he told me that the camera I bought was a Japanese model, which only displayed Japanese characters, and not English. If I wanted an American model, who worked in English, I would have to pay extra.
That is not true, since these cameras have build-in menus from which one can choose the working language, including English.
After that, he went on to offer me additional products which I did not truly needed. He mentioned that the battery included in the package lasted only 20 minutes, and thus I had to buy a high-capacity battery (which sold for $199). I really doubt company like Nikon, known for its quality products, would include such a bad battery with one of its best-selling models.

In the end, the salesman required me to pay 9% extra for compulsory insurance. I tried to decline, but was informed I could not. When I complained he was in fact charging a higher price than what was advertised, he told me (in his own words): "Stop complaining! Cancel your order if you do not want the camera!".

Of course I canceled the order. I require to be treated with respect. I urge everyone not to buy anything from this company. Is there a Customer Protection Office in which we can file a formal complaint?

Gus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Broadway-Photo/internet/Broadway-Photo-deceives-customers-by-charging-extras-Internet-393614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Broadway Photo