Complaint Review: Brockman-Marchan Co Ltd

• Updated: Wed, October 30, 2013

• Reported By: Barb — Oakdale Minnesota
Brockman-Marchan Co Ltd
13633 Greenwood Trail N Stillwater, Minnesota USA

Brockman-Marchan Co Ltd Carrie Brockman CPA cashed $1800 check 2 1/2 years ago & has yet to credit my account Stillwater Minnesota

Brockman-Marchan handles the accounting for 15th Street Townhouse Association.  Carrie Brockman cashed a check for $1800.00 in March of 2011 but never credited my account.  Not only did she not credit my account, she threatened to charge legal fees when I had a credit balance.  Even after contacting her in July of 2013 to make her aware of her significant error, she has yet to credit my account.

In July of 2013, I received a statement depicting that my association dues were delinquent $1329.00.  There was a handwritten note on the bottom of the statement threatening, “failure to pay this will result in legal fees”.  At the time of this statement, I had a credit balance of $451 and was NOT delinquent in my dues.  Immediately, I spent the better of 2 days reviewing and auditing her statements to figure out how she calculated my account to be delinquent $1329.

First of all, it is questionable why Carrie Brockman didn’t send out a statement or make an attempt to collect dues for an entire 7 (almost 8 months) IF I was truly behind in my dues.  A good accountant makes contact when an account is 2 or 3 months past due (if not earlier) and doesn’t wait until the account fails behind almost 8 months.   Secondly, it is unethical to threaten & coerce residents into making a payment; especially when they have a CREDIT balance.  If this is the type of nasty message she sends out on a first notice of delinquency, I can only imagine what tactics she employs on second and subsequent notices.

I spoke with Carrie Brockman on 7-25-13.  She taped the phone call.  She stated she had no record of my $1800 payment in 2011.  She told me to get a copy of the front and back of the check.  When I told her, she would need to reimburse me for the bank fee, “she stated it was my responsibility to prove that I made the payment.”   A portion of my association dues goes to pay HER to account for all incoming and outgoing funds.  I had given her the amount of the check, and date cashed.  All she would have had to do was search for the amount within that timeframe.  Her refusal to do that clearly shows she is unwilling to do her job that she is being PAID to do or she is covering up for internal embezzlement.  I should not have to spend my time and be out additional funds due to her error and incompetency.

Please post this complaint and forward my information to appropriate legal firms so a suit can be initiated Carrie Brockman and this company.

Thank you for your assistance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brockman-Marchan-Co-Ltd/Stillwater-Minnesota-55082/Brockman-Marchan-Co-Ltd-Carrie-Brockman-CPA-cashed-1800-check-2-12-years-ago-has-yet-1095830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brockman-Marchan Co Ltd