Complaint Review: BrokenArrowWear

• Updated: Sat, March 23, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — Santa Maria California
BrokenArrowWear
4133 Merle Hay Rd Des Moines, Iowa United States of America

BrokenArrowWear Broken Arrow Wear Website Confusion, No Negotiating, Loss of Money, Bad Artwork- Des Moines, Iowa

*Author of original report: Digital Print or Digital Embroidery?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from BrokenArrowWear Management

I needed a nice quality looking hoodie with our company logo that would represent the company and make our courier drivers look good every time we presented ourselves to the customer. I found a local embroidery shop that would have had the job done within 5 days, so like if I dropped in Monday morning with the design, he would have it for me Friday afternoon. Only issue was that he was a little expensive $95 and he didnt have 80/20 material Cotton/Polyester.

So I went online and inquired to a couple of companies. Some companies were a bit lower in price and some wanted a 6 minimum order. I found Broken Arrow Wear and specifically wrote on their inquiry web site: I want a hooded sweatshirt with zipper 80/20 cotton/poly. Can it be done, I just need one for now, Then if the rest of the crew likes it, possible 10 more, along with it I sent a decal type jpg of the design.

I need to point out that the representative seemed very good at what she did as a sales person. [continued below]....
.....
So as our email conversations trolled along from Feb 19, 2013 to Mar 1, 2013, I finally received my jacket and shirt on March 18, 2013 with the SHOCK of a silk screened logo, their term is called digital print. Throughout our emails I mentioned embroid 5 times, that should have been a flag to figure out I want an embroidered product. I sent them an example on how our jackets look with our embroidered logo and told them I wanted it this way.

I never got to speak with a supervisor, but from their representative the managers said its my issue. Not even a compromise, the only thing they would do is redo the order with a minimum of 6 jackets. I would of paid for the one jacket, but there is no way I will pay for 6 jackets especially if Im just testing to see what it looks like, $74.42 is a lot of money especially if Im doing this on my own for the company.

What makes it bad is when you go and proof the final design on their website, it only gives you one choice to pick the art design which reads Digital Ive worked with embroidery and I had to scan pictures and we called it a Digital Design To me on their website they should have 2 options to choose. Print and Embroidery, just like what they advertise on their website.

After all the hoopla, I actually took the time to check out the silk screen logo and its bad. This was the reason why I dont like silk screen logos for company attire; it just cheapens who you represent.
Anyways, I have no grudges with the sales people; they just have a job to do.

But I do have animosity against the higher ups. They saw the picture and they knew what I was wanting and they understand a mistake was made between me, the sales person and their website, but they won't admit it. Bottom line is, when your spending money that you dont have, CALL the company, dont rely on emails and websites.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BrokenArrowWear/Des-Moines-Iowa-50310/BrokenArrowWear-Broken-Arrow-Wear-Website-Confusion-No-Negotiating-Loss-of-Money-Bad-Ar-1036568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BrokenArrowWear

Digital Print or Digital Embroidery?

AUTHOR: Ron - ()

This is very good rebuttal, and it more or less brings up my point about embroidery. Yes, again, I admit there was error in my judgment, and it is very hard to read between the lines in an email and a website what a digital print versus an embroidery print could be. As you pointed out in your image of the email, embroidery comes up. So the questioning of embroidery should have been flagged.

No one can read minds of course unless youre very unique, but in my mind it was set that I wanted an embroidered logo and I assumed my logo was going to be embroidered. The representative had it set that I wanted silk screen or as you say digital print and she did point out, but again my thinking it was a done deal embroidered logo and I did mention I cant afford 6 jackets just for testing.

Now I have an issue with your proofing website. How can a person determine the garment and artwork with a clipart? When you look toward the top right it does read on your Company Logo t-shirt printing and embroidery. Why couldnt you have an option showing printing or embroidery and not just Digital?

Again, I wasnt asking for a free jacket, I understand there was a mistake made, I would have been happy to pay for an embroidered jacket at the price that we agreed on, but I am not going to pay for 6 jackets that are going to be tested. How do we know if the embroidered logo was going to come out good, look at the art of silk screened logo you sent, streaks of white in the blue, come on now!

Im not a customer thats just going to lie down and do nothing. So far I have been kind not to share my bad news via Facebook, Youtube and Twitter but its on the horizon. Your right, Im a small town customer thats just going to lose $72 compared to a silly review on a small town company.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from BrokenArrowWear Management

AUTHOR: Broken Arrow Wear - ()

This customer had visited our website and upload some artwork, in which one of our sales representatives contacted him back. Originally, the customer wanted to purchase one hooded sweatshirt. After that initial sweatshirt was purchased, he emailed back and asked about embroidery and what the cost would be for embroidery if he were to add additional items. Our sales rep responded back letting the customer know that we have a 6 piece embroidery minimum requirement. The customer requested to add one additional piece making the order two items. Our rep responded back to the customer asking again if he wanted to add additional pieces to do the 6 piece embroidery minimum or wanted to add the one item for digital printing. The customer added the one item.  The final order that the customer placed was for a total of 2 pieces, so it was not even an option for the customer to have embroidery as we had discussed with him multiple times. We then proceeded with a digital print (which is done on a DTG Digital Printer). As indicated on his invoice, online proof and in email correspondence, embroidery was not what the customer would be receiving on a 2 piece order.

We have a really great reputation and have been in business for over 20 years due to our fantastic customer service, high quality products, competitive prices and our finished product guarantee.  Our sales staff does the best they can to make it very clear to the customer what they are getting both through email communication, the online proofing process and the invoice information. In this instance, we did feel that we had explained multiple times to the customer that he would not be receiving embroidery unless he ordered 6 pieces. The customer did not order 6 pieces, so embroidery was not the decoration method.  Our guarantee to the customer is that the received product will match the approved online proof and in this cause, we did deliver what the customer ordered which is why we were not able to offer free

replacements with embroidery. If the customers products did not match the proof, we would replace them no questions asked at our expense, but that was not the case in this instance. We have a 99.9% satisfaction rate and again we
promise that what you order is what you will receive and we stand behind that!