Complaint Review: Brooklyn Appliance Repair

• Updated: Thu, September 26, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — Baltimore Maryland
Brooklyn Appliance Repair
Brooklyn Park, Maryland USA

Brooklyn Appliance Repair The Appliance Repair MenOdenton Appliance RepairFerndale Appliance RepairArnold Appliance Repair Liars & Cheaters -- Why Are They Trying To Hide Their Identity? Brooklyn Park Maryland

This company is an appliance repair facility.  With a credit card, you call the number on their web page.  For a 50 dollar "diagnostics" fee, they send a repair man to your house and they diagnose the problem.  In my case, I had a broken clothes dryer.  I knew one of 4 things it could be -- I had no real way of testing the parts.  I also had list retail prices for all the parts.  He determined what the problem was.  When asked what my total cost would be (the timer), 152 dollars for the timer (30 above retail) -- he told me he "had" to charge that although I showed him the part on the we2b for the parts,and 165 for labor.  Total for the repair -- $318.00.  Total cost for a new dryer -- $298.00!!!  I wound up buying the part online (for half the price) and fixed it myself.  Further He quoted me an additional 15.00 and wouldn't leave till I paid him!!!

This company is set up in several little towns in Maryland -- their websites adjust to each city in the fashion appliancerepair.com.  They have a Virginia phone number and several toll-free numbeers.  The addresses they use online equates to pizza shops of some fashion.  The fact is that if this company had a hard-based address and could be located physically, they may be OK.  The fact is, they are hiding something.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 11:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brooklyn-Appliance-Repair-/Brooklyn-Park-Maryland-21225/Brooklyn-Appliance-Repair-The-Appliance-Repair-MenOdenton-Appliance-RepairFerndale-Appli-1087419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brooklyn Appliance Repair