Complaint Review: Brooks Brothers

• Updated: Mon, December 26, 2011

• Reported By: cuuplate — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Brooks Brothers

Brooks Brothers Bait and switch pricing and availability Internet, Internet

Brooks brothers shows one price and then changes it after shipping the order.  Also, they report that items are "in-stock and reserved" only to say later that they are not in stock.  Very poor.  I tried to make a purchase on 12/25/11 to take advantage of an online sale.  Their website reported that it was unable to complete the transaction on 12/25 because they were having temporary difficulties that lasted for at least 2 hour in the evening when I was trying.  I returned on 12/26 to complete my order.  I received a page saying that all 8 of my shirts were "in stock and reserved."  I entered my credit card information and clicked on to complete my order. On the next page, it said that one of my shirts was now no longer in stock.  (2 minutes after telling me it was reserved) and the total price did not change.  Also, in my email confirmation, the price changed from the order confirmation page to add tax (when the order confirmation page clearly showed tax at $0.00.)

This is absolute bait and switch.  I attempted to contact their customer service line but I received the phone message "all circuts are busy now" probably because their website is so crappy that everyone else was experience this bait and switch.  This is absolutely unacceptable for a reputable company.  I write here to warn everyone.  They will happily take back anything you don't want, but they won't honor the advertised price of an order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2011 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brooks-Brothers/internet/Brooks-Brothers-Bait-and-switch-pricing-and-availability-Internet-Internet-813889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brooks Brothers