Complaint Review: Brooks College - ; American Intercontinenal University - CEC Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, September 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, May 14, 2014

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Brooks College - ; American Intercontinenal University - CEC Corporation
Long Beach, California U.S.A.

Brooks College - American Intercontinenal University - CEC Corporation Ripoff Mislead by AIU and Brooks College Long Beach California

*General Comment: Brooks ripped me off! I will get my loans discharged!

I am a victim of Fraud. I was desperate to leave my dysfunctional family after graduating from high school. I don't know how, but Brooks College called me and I was suckered into leaving my hometown to pursue a glamorous and prosperous career within the fashion industry. I was told that the fashion industry was booming and that I would be acquiring a degree that could even lead me to marketing and public relations positions because that is what this degree was all about, the business side of the fashion industry.

I went to Brooks College in Long Beach, CA from 1996-1998. I graduated with an AA degree in Fashion Merchandising. I can honestly say that they sent me on only one interview after graduation. I was never hired. I went on tons of other interviews and all I ever heard was, "We need someone with experience." I decided to go back to school for my BA in Fashion Merchandising and made sure that I gained experienced through internships and retail jobs. I attended American Intercontinental University, Los Angeles from 1998-2000.

Both of these schools promised job placement and high starting salaries but I ended up working in a department store making $10.00 an hour to start. Everyone said the same thing to me when I went on interviews, "You need experience within this industry and the only way you get it is by working your way up the corporate ladder. No degree can circumvent this policy!" Had I not been young and naive, I would have researched the fashion merchandising industry thoroughly. I was falsely mislead and taken advantage of!

In the meantime, I am in debt $52,000 in student loans! I am now living in Germany, with my husband. I have continued to apply for merchandising and fashion marketing positions but have never been successful. I've even tried for marketing positions and was basically laughed at when I told them about my educational background. The only jobs I have found easy to attain are office secretary positions.

I am in serious debt and need help! What can I do to get in on this class action lawsuit against Brooks College and AIU?

Jennifer
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2006 04:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brooks-College-American-Intercontinenal-University-CEC-Corporation/Long-Beach-California/Brooks-College-American-Intercontinenal-University-CEC-Corporation-Ripoff-Mislead-by-213299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brooks College - ; American Intercontinenal University - CEC Corporation

#1 General Comment

Brooks ripped me off! I will get my loans discharged!

AUTHOR: bluekat - ()

thank you all you ather ex students of Brooks who also got ripped off and are still paying for it. Is there anyone who can inform me of anything regarding dischaging your student loans. My AA degree in fasho=ion design is not valid and my loans are in default. Has anyone been successful at this? Please let me know any info on this you may have and I* don not! Thank you.  kathy 714-791-3600  Escondido, CA   Money greeders of the world will have their karma.