Complaint Review: Brother Printers

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: debbie — Boise Idaho United States of America
Brother Printers

Brother Printers Printer stops printing before cartridge is empty , Internet

Brother PrinterMCF-7360N, Brother toner cartridge no empty, but printer quit printing, error message is Replace Toner Cartridge.  I called phone number listed on page I googled for Brother Printer tech support.  The support person logged onto my computer and told me the problem was with my PC.  She could "clean up my PC for $140 and then the printer would work."    I said, I thought the problem was no with my PC, but rather a problem that the printer thought the cartridge was empty.  I changed out the cartridge while on the phone with tech support, and yes, that fixed the problem, printer began printing. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with my PC.   Saw a reference to put black electrical tape on the cartridge sensor on non-gear side of cartridge to trick the printer.    This will be the last Brother printer I buy.  Don't get taken in by the cheap pruchase price only to make up the difference in unnecessary toner cartridges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brother-Printers/internet/Brother-Printers-Printer-stops-printing-before-cartridge-is-empty-Internet-998728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brother Printers