Complaint Review: Brothers Housing and Real Estate

• Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: J and E — Heath Springs South Carolina United States of America
Brothers Housing and Real Estate
1406 S Van L Mungo Blvd Pageland, South Carolina United States of America

Brothers Housing and Real Estate Nathan Starnes Took our money for a new home and cut major corners and sold us a unmortgagable piece of garbage! Pageland, South Carolina

*Author of original report: To Martha White

*General Comment: Please contact me!

My husband and I closed on our new 3 piece modular home we had built and paid 136,000. dollars for on August 10, 2011 from Brothers Housing and Real Estate.  For a little over a year we went back and forth with the factory being CBS Modulars and Nathan the owner of Brothers Housing about major problems we were having with our new home such as floor joists crowing, sheet rock seams opening and closing, uneven floors, doors and windows out of wack and so on...

The factory finally had enough of us in October of 2012 and told my husband and I that we were impossible because their idea of fixing the house was repeatedly sanding down the seams in the sub floor and we told them NO they had already done it twice they were going to fix it right this time.

So they told us to get an estimate from a contractor and they would pay for the repairs. The contractor came to check the house only to find that it was not even lagged together in our attic between the first and second piece of our true modular home as well as the spacing in between the marriage walls was to large.

Then we got our inspection report from the county of Lancaster SC only to discover that they never inspected our house like they were supposed to they only inspected the footings. So when the bank gave us a mortgage for 100,000. dollars they assumed the house had been inspected since we received a C/O.

The county told us a modular is a trailer and they did not have to inspect it however that's not correct. So here we are with a house that we should never have received a mortgage on which I have already confirmed with a mortgage broaker and we owe 98,000. We cannot sell the house because it has major structural problems and is technically not safe.

The county will not make it right, and Nathan is a weasle that wont even get on the phone with us!! The air conditioning man left us with a 2 x 6 hole under our poorly installed heat pump and we now have a major mouse infestation on top of the other problems. We brought the state in on all of this and thank god for them at least the a/c  hole was closed up.

Nathan did not even have the guts to call us about it and he lied to the state inspector by telling him that the A/C  guy never got back to him one week later, however the a/c guy told my husband that Nathan never told him to come fix it.

The county has never inspected anyones modular home and as of right now 66 are being investigated by the state for the same type of troubles we are having.

CBS does not want to back its product and Brothers Housing does not either. House is a total piece of crap and I would not recommend CBS, Champion Homes or Brothers Housing and Real Estate to anyone at all.  Want to sue the crap out of all parties involved as well as Lancaster County SC Building and Zoning if poss.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brothers-Housing-and-Real-Estate/Pageland-South-Carolina-29728/Brothers-Housing-and-Real-Estate-Nathan-Starnes-Took-our-money-for-a-new-home-and-cut-majo-1008290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brothers Housing and Real Estate

#2 General Comment

Please contact me!

AUTHOR: Martha white - (USA)

We are also having problems with this company. I was just wondering if you could contact me so I could ask you some questions...