- Report: #1040731
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Brothers John with a walker & George
Brothers John with a walker & George10039-80 Ave Edmonton, Alberta United States of America
Brothers John with a walker & George My stolen stuff found in John with a walker & George's yard, 10039-80 Ave, Edmonton, Canada Edmonton, Alberta
*Author of original report: I found out John with a walker is John A Symington, and brother George is George Symington
*Author of original report: I found out John with a walker is John A Symington, and brother is George is George Symington
Summary of offences against me:
1) John with a walker stole my stuff. Cops said I abandoned it, but it is still theft in some sense of the word, especially after I obviously want my stuff back.
2) John with a walker legally stole my sealed mail, which Canada Post says must go back to them if not to myself.
3) George threatened me with a golf club, possession of an offensive weapon.
4) George assaulted me causing me to step onto my bicycle wheel, wrecking it. I cant prove he meant to damage my bike, but he is civilly responsible for pushing me onto my bike wheel. [continued below]....
Sunday, 4:30 PM, July 31, 2013 Offences:
I stashed my bags behind the fence on the porch of vacant brown house (today, it has a lot of purple but still with brown walls) 1 lot from the corner, 10065-80 Ave to take my very heavy load of bottles to the depot. When I came back all 3 of my bags were gone.
I went to the front gate of the 2 brothers who live at 10039-80 Ave to ask about my bag & because, John with a walker, was yelling from the back yard "Call bylaw; I'm making a fire!". When I got to the gate, I saw all my bags with much of the contents on the sidewalk on the other side of the gate.
I phoned police, who told me not to say or do anything (I now wish I would have not listened to the police. I should have jumped the fence to get my stuff before it disappeared). After an hour waiting for the police, one of the brothers hid my stuff. John with a walker is the one I think took my stuff because he was the one talking against the homeless, walking by my stuff in the back yard, and whom I saw picking bottles with my cloth shopping bags later. George denied taking my stuff, but sure as hell didn't want to help me either; instead he threatened me with a golf club. John with a walker denied having my stuff, and said I imagined it in his yard.
The stuff was:
1) A black worn out shoulder bag with my SIN # 634 271 1## engraved on the zippers and snaps and containing:
2) 2 Hell's Angels paperbacks
3) a multicolored, including purple and pink bathing suit
4) my phone charger for my Wind/Samsung cell phone
5) a yellow cloth shopping bag with a 2 inch pile of my mail, including my T4 from Bee Clean, my TD bank statements, and my Airmiles card.
6) my papers including my tool list and my video game list
7) 2 cloth shopping bags containing:
8) a grey pair of Value Village pants/shorts, $12-$13 (have removable legs)
9) a Value Village ZZ top cassette tape, $1
10) Value Village Bushnell binoculars, $7
11) Two 10-paks of hand warmers & 2 toe warmers from Habitat for Humanity Restore, $20
12) a 3 pack of wire brush drill bits from Restore, $3
13) a full beer can & a 2 L Sprite 1/2 full
14) a multicolored, including a bit of pink, bathing suit.
The total value of my property is about $100, which John with a walker should pay since he gets a big $1600/month AISH check plus benefits (Assured Income for Severely Handicapped).
Unsolved theft/vandalism of homeless property in alley:
Also I suspect John and George are involved in stealing other homeless property in the neighborhood because when I was homeless for 2 winters in their alley, John was often snooping around and complaining about homeless even though he hypocritically doesnt work; hes on AISH. George comes in the alley, took my picture and has told me to leave the area. I dont know what George does for a living. Their house is so run down, my guess is the 2 middle-aged brothers live there because they inherited the house from their parents. The same day my stuff was stolen on the vacant porch, John yelled at me for being homeless in front of a crowd at Bicycle Commuters, I told him You are a hypocrite because you dont want to work. You are on AISH. He said You a**hole. Im mentally ill. I said Why cant you do a telephone job, which he didnt answer. He then had a temper tantrum, throwing my pizza out of the box, and started yelling Call bylaw. Im making a fire.
Winter 2012/2013, 2 doors from John with a walkers house, a native homeless man named Obi-wan had all his stuff stolen, and Winter, 2013, it was all burnt (see photo).
Spring, 2011, 2 doors down from Johns house, a construction worker across the alley said a rusted red & green pickup truck came and took almost all my camp, including a plastic garbage bucket full of blankets. The truck took things belonging to the building such as the bucket, and left stuff belonging to me. A few hours later the remaining stuff was in the garbage, so it seems the truck driver was called in from outside the neighborhood and in a hurry, didnt know what he was doing. I suspect John with a walker threw the remaining property in the garbage after inspecting the job that his friend/relative did that afternoon.
2010, my sleeping bag from the same site was found in the wood shop dumpster beside John with a walker & Georges house. Winter, 2010, all blankets disappeared. Ive only caught John with a walker once, but he & possibly George are logically my chief suspects for most, if not all of the thefts of homeless belongings on their block.
June 12, 2012 Offences:
On June 12, 2012 at about 11:20 AM, when John with a walker was on the public sidewalk in front of his house, I rode my bike close to him and said You had no right to keep my mail. Canada Post says sealed mail belonging to other people must be returned to Canada Post. John went into his yard and got George, who came out and said Stay right there. Im calling the police. When he said Are you running away, I turned & repeated what I said to John. He immediately came to me pushing me & hitting me, while saying Get out of here while not letting me leave because I was straddling my bicycle with a trailer. His pushing me sideways injured my knee somehow by forcing me to step on my back bicycle wheel, bending it into a saddle shape so it didnt turn anymore. I was saying This is a public road. Back off. Thats assault. When I put my arm up to block him, he absurdly said You just assaulted me with your arm.
Both of us phoned the police (file # 12-74862). When they came, after talking to John with a walker and George, police lady #3188 said You were on their property & you were trespassed off; however, they lied to her because I was never on their front yard. I was in the middle of the public street the whole time. I told the police why would I lie when for all I know, their webcam camera, which is often in their front window, had recorded everything.
Also, the Chinese cop at Old Strathcona police station had told me a few weeks before If you go on their property once more, the police will have no choice but to charge you with trespassing. He met John with a walker and me there together. Also, why would I go in their very small front yard when John was already on the front sidewalk, very hard to do with a bike hitched to a trailer. Makes no sense.
April 2, 2013 Update:
George claims to have a stalking file on me; however, I havent stalked anyone. Its just every time I run into John with a walker by chance, I say what anyone else would say: John you stole my stuff . The 2 brothers act like they are protecting the neighborhood. For example, they used to have a sign saying Were watching you; however, they are hypocrites and are part of the problem. They are known to police in a negative sense. Nothing has happened to their property on account of me. A lot of guys would have broken a window by now.
Still the better man, David S
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brothers-John-with-a-walker-George/Edmonton-Alberta-/Brothers-John-with-a-walker-George-My-stolen-stuff-found-in-John-with-a-walker-Georg-1040731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)