Complaint Review: Broward County Property Appraisers Office

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Rick — Parkland Florida United States of America
Broward County Property Appraisers Office
115 south andrews avenue rm. 111 Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Broward County Property Appraisers Office Lori Parish Homestead Fraud Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*Author of original report: Original email sent to Lori Parish

Here is a copy of the email I sent to the Broward County Property Appraisers Office. I received a response from Lori Parish, (the elected or appointed official who is the county property appraiser and who sets and enforces policy. I received to responses from her 1. Your nasty remarks don't deserve a response. Lori. And 2. When I informed her that I forwarded copies of the complaint to the attorney general and FBI she just said thank you in another email. Not only is she arrogant but obviously has no moral compass either. Another crook in a public place. Hopefully the attorney General or FBI will finally get involved and do something. Here is a copy of the letter that I originally sent to her and copied to the Attorney General and FBI.

Your nasty remarks don't deserve a response.

Lori

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Broward-County-Property-Appraisers-Office/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33301/Broward-County-Property-Appraisers-Office-Lori-Parish-Homestead-Fraud-Fort-Lauderdale-Flo-1006730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Broward County Property Appraisers Office

Original email sent to Lori Parish

AUTHOR: Rick - (United States of America)

Your nasty remarks don't deserve a response.

Lori

Lori Parrish Broward County Property Appraiser Broward Governmental Center 115 South Andrews Avenue, Room 111 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 Phone (954) 357-6904 Fax (954) 357-8474 E-Mail lori@bcpa.net

Follow our office at http://www.facebook.com/propertyappraiser and http://www.twitter.com/loriparrish

-----Original Message----- From: Rick McDonald [mailto:rickmcdonald55@gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:53 AM To: Lori Parrish Subject: Our homestead exemtion

To whom it may concern,

I reside at 6921 NW 63rd way Parkland, Fl 33067 with my ex wife and daughter. We have lived her since 2005 with full homestead exemption rights and no issues. You recently sent us a letter stating that you have canceled our homestead exemption. The reason I was given on the letter and when I called the number provided was because of a temporary change of address i filled out with the post office, I went on vacation for about a month at my vacation home in Vero Beach, A vacation home i built and have owned for about five years or so now. It is not homesteaded as it is a VACATION HOME! I read the bylaws on your website and nowhere does it state that a temporary change of address form filled out with the post office voids your homestead exemption. I was told by one of your staff that i now must file a new homestead exemption with your office. I will not do this because 1. It then lends credibility to the wrongful cancelation of our original homestead exemption filed in 2005 2. I don't know what negative repercussions this cancelation and lapse in coverage will have on us. Two I can think of are a. It will reset our 3% cap on property taxes and b. since there is currently an ongoing lawsuit with the house and bank, the lapse in coverage and then refiling for a new homestead exemption will expose us to seizure of the house if the current lawsuit is resolved unfavorable to us since it can be proven through public records that the filing of the homestead was filed after the lawsuit. I am sure there are plenty of other reasons i am not aware of as well. None of this withstanding, Sarah's homestead was still in full force and effect. she never filled out a change of address.

Expecting me to refile and expose myself to these and other unforeseen circumstances because of your gross negligence and mistake makes about as much sense as me getting into a car accident and then expecting you to claim the accident on your insurance policy and write a check to the injured parties for their damages and retain all the points assessed my drivers license by the state of florida on your drivers license. It is completely ludacris for me to expect you to take responsibility for an accident that was my fault yet that is exactly what your office expects me to do. I will not take responsibility for your mistake. You need to fix it yourself. I Did nothing wrong. You made the mistake and you need to fix it. If you take no action to remedy the situation you caused after i brought it to your attention, it will be incumbent on you to justify your actions in a court of law. You people nauseate me. your inefficient, incompetent and there is no accountability for your actions, regardless of the magnitude of them. Good day.

Govern yourself accordingly,