Complaint Review: Brown Daub Kia

• Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Somewhere In Pennsylvania USA
Brown Daub Kia
3600 William Penn Highway Internet United States of America

Brown Daub Kia Waste of time, does not honor their own credit re-establishment letter. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Enough bad credit wining

*Author of original report: Situation Resolved

*Consumer Comment: Troll Busters...

*Author of original report: In Re: Robert From Irvine CA

*Author of original report: In Re: Jim From Orlando

*Consumer Comment: and rememebr team rebutt is not your friend

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Comment: You Said It!

I had filed chapter 7 several months ago and recently received my discharge, after which I started getting all these car loan offers in the mail.  One of them is from Brown Daub Kia, and this is what it states:

"We Want Your Business!!

Credit experts agree that there is no better way to re-establish credit than to finance a high line credit item with a major company.  A new or used vehicle financed with one of our major lenders can accomplish that for you with the help of Brown Daub Kia.

We are here to assist you with one of our many financing programs.  Because of our many "Credit Re-Establishment" programs, we can custom tailor your purchase to meet your driving needs as well as your budget concerns.  Our entire inventory of new and used vehicles is available with as little as no money down (cash and/or trade).

Trade-ins are not only accepted, they're welcome!  Just bring in your title or payment book, a valid driver's license, a recent pay stub, a telephone or utility bill, and discharge papers if you have filed bankruptcy.

DON'T PRE-JUDGE YOUR CREDIT!!!  LET OUR EXPERTS DECIDE!!!

Sincerely,
Brown Daub Kia
3600 William Penn Highway
Easton, PA 18045
888-217-0384
tomringcredit.com"

After that they have an offer listed for a 2013 Kia Optima EX for $169 x 36 months, with some micro writing showing details on that particular offer.

So, early in the week ending on Sunday, 11/11/12 I decided to give them a call since I just found a great new job and had no bills other than the basics like rent and telephone, and needed a car to get to work every day.  Wound up speaking several times with a woman named Michelle, who did her best to talk me into coming in, and made an appointment with me to do so on Tuesday, 11/13/12.

Now here's the first thing.  I spoke with that woman several times about my situation before I came in, I told her that since I didn't start my job until the 19th I had no pay stubs, but I did have a copy of my employment contract.  She said it would be okay to bring it in.  So my driver and I get there for my appointment, and guess what?  She's not even there.  Instead I was told she had to leave for some "emergency."  Whatever.

I then wind up being helped by this other guy...I don't know his name, but he was built like a fireplug.  I give him the letter sent from their dealership, my discharge papers, a copy of the email confirming I was hired for the job, and a copy of my employment contract.  Ten minutes later he comes back and tells me that the finance manager wouldn't approve me because "my employment contract was for only a 3-month assignment, so in order to get approved you need a down payment."  I in turn responded that was because the first three months working for the recruiter is a trial and training period, after which the job goes to six months, and then from there it's right-to-hire by the employer for more money.  I also told him, "And hey, I just filed Chapter 7.  I don't HAVE a down payment....duh!"   But it didn't matter.  Clearly they didn't want to honor their own 'credit re-establishment' letter, and they were looking for any excuse they could not to approve me.

In the end, it's not as if I walked into that place jobless with no career potential, and that's what totally ticks me off.  I've been in the Information Technology industry for over 10 years, and it's not like this job I won was sweeping floors or working at McDonald's.  I was hired as a Level III Desktop Support Technician for a major company after beating out five other candidates, and I needed a car to get to work!  Plus I still have thousands coming in each year from my other business --just because I got a full time job certainly doesn't mean I'd turn away my good customers.  Oh gee, but none of that mattered either, did it.

In closing, that's how pathetic they are; not approving me the way they did.  And I should also point out that since my bankruptcy discharge I got 8 other offers just like theirs.  I've already been in contact with TWO other dealerships who told me that I didn't even need to bring any pay stubs in....they BOTH said I could still be approved -AND- for no money down, and all I needed do is fax them my first pay stub later when I got my first paycheck.

So as far as I'm concerned, if you've filed bankruptcy and get a letter from Brown Daub, don't waste your time or money.  They don't care to honor their own 'credit re-establishment' letter, and so in my opinion it's all a scam.  The truth is that ANYONE can walk into a dealership with several thousand dollars down and buy a car, but the entire point of bankruptcy is that you have no money.  If you filed bankruptcy and therefore have no debts and also no money for a down payment, but you have or found a good job, especially if that job is a career and not some dead-end job, then they SHOULD be doing their best to get you approved.  Well they sure didn't do that for me, and thus this report.

Oh - And you know, no one in that entire place was even buying a car that day.  They had NO CUSTOMERS AT ALL, so you'd THINK they'd scramble for any business they could get.  Apparently not!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 04:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brown-Daub-Kia/internet/Brown-Daub-Kia-Waste-of-time-does-not-honor-their-own-credit-re-establishment-letter-In-970863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brown Daub Kia

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Enough bad credit wining

AUTHOR: Mel - ()

It's simple people.   If you have bad credit no one is going to easily give you thousands of dollars to buy anything.   If you have bad credit you've already screwed some company over and should be thankful that anyone besides bill collectors are sending you mail what so ever.   I can't believe some of you people with bad credit honestly feel entitled to anything when you've already taken someone's money or services and not paid for it.  Lol.   Then you wanna act like people should be treating you nice or helping you when you suck at paying people back.   The nerve.... Lol   point is that if you're a credit criminal your life sucks because you made it that way and for no other reason.

Situation Resolved

AUTHOR: Some - (USA)

Because of this report I received a call from Mike Lawrence yesterday.  He explained a number of things and was very helpful.  What I didn't really realize is that it's not Brown Daub who denied the loan...it was their lender who 'would have' denied it, based on my having only a three month employment contract.  Mike apologized that none of this was explained to me when I came into their dealership, and said that he'd help me get a car if things didn't work out at the other dealership I'm going to this Friday.

Troll Busters...

AUTHOR: Troll Buster - (United States of America)

Do you attack a person rather than a topic?
Do you initiate this attack?
Do you post irrelevant or off-topic messages?
Is this done to attempt to provoke others?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes then you are a TROLL.
If the answer to more than one of these is yes then you are a TROLL named Chuckie the Outlaw Jose Wales.

"Sometimes you gotta be a troll to catch a troll"

In Re: Robert From Irvine CA

AUTHOR: Eric - (USA)

Robert From Irvine, CA:

1.  "Thousands," as in, $7000-$8000 for an entire year, which obviously I used to live on.

2.  Because Michelle at Brown Daub told me to bring in a copy of my employment contract.  I won't be doing that again, because I need a car.  I'm not about to tell other dealerships that the job only starts as a three month contract.  Sometimes saying too much is the wrong thing to do.

3.  It cost me $40 for a driver to take me to the dealership that day.  As for bankruptcy and my credit, what do you expect?  I had a THRIVING business before the recession, then Wall Street and the elitists raped the entire country like it was their own personal piggy bank and the economy has never recovered since.  In the end I had to file Chapter 7 because I couldn't afford all the debts incurred before the recession.  Now I have no bills, and 8 different organizations, including several dealerships, are sending me offers wanting to grant me a car loan.  As it happens I had to find a job because my business never fully recovered, I found a great one, I need a car, so I need to take one of them up on their offer.  Simple.

In the end, anyone who claims bankruptcy...as far as I'm concerned Wall Street and the elitist bankers deserve it.  They can all go to hell.  They perverted the banking system and have been profiting like Czars for decades, then their scheme went all to hell and they left the rest of us to deal with the consequences.  Well, all I did was screw them just like they screwed me.  Bastards.

As for the rest of what you said, thanks.  But this is why I'm trying to take up real dealerships on their offers.  Last thing I want to do is to go to some mom and pop car lot where I might wind up with a lemon or some massive interest rate.  As for the "spot delivery" and "contingent on financing," thank you again.  Yes, I will definitely keep my eye out for that!

In Re: Jim From Orlando

AUTHOR: Eric - (USA)

Jim From Orlando:

I don't know how it works in your state Jim, but here in PA a lot of major companies use employment recruiters.  That way the employer doesn't have to commit to hiring someone directly right away and pay employment insurance and benefits.  It allows them to try someone out and see if they're a fit for the job, without having to go through all the extra hassle.

And like the sales guy at Brown Daub said after he told me that his loan manager didn't approve me because of the job only starting as a three month contract, "Personally I don't think that makes any sense.  Anyone could be fired or something else could happen, and you could wind up without a job, at any time."

In the end, there's no guarantees in life, about anything.  I still feel they should have done better, since after all, THEY were the ones who sent me that letter, offering to help me 're-establish credit.'  Like I said, it's not like I walked into that place jobless with no career, education or experience, so it was ridiculous for them not honor their own letter.

and rememebr team rebutt is not your friend

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

booby from irvine doesn't even take sundays off to rest

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I also told him, "And hey, I just filed Chapter 7.  I don't HAVE a down payment....duh!"   But it didn't matter........Plus I still have thousands coming in each year from my other business -
So you declared Bankruptcy because you couldn't pay your bills, yet at the same time you still have thousands coming in each year from another Business.  Yet you couldn't come up with a Down Payment?

- And how is that different than talking to this dealer and when you went in have them give you a different story?

- And just how much money did this cost you?

You declared Bankruptcy which basically is a huge red flag that says you can't handle credit.  Regardless of what people(generally lawyers and sub-prime lenders) tell you..the REASON does not matter why you filed.  After all if it did matter there would be different categories and effects on your credit report would be different..which doesn't happen.

The fact is that Sub-Prime dealers know they are dealing with people who haven't been able to handle their credit in the past.  They know that most will feel that they are "desperate" and have no other choice.  They also know that if they act like your best friend on the phone and e-mail they will get you into the dealership..which is the toughest part.

The other fact is that the worse your credit, and the less documentation you have..the more likely you are going to be truly ripped off.  Where you may end up with a POS car, extremely high interest rates, or a very long term loan, or a combination of all three.

To avoid the car issue, be sure to have your mechanic check out the car.  If they refuse or start giving you a story about how they only sell good cars...run the other way.

You need to especially watch our for the "Spot Delivery".  This is where they will tell you that you are approved with the very favorable terms, then in 2-3 weeks tell you that the loan actually wasn't approved and you need to then come up with a Down Payment, Co-Signer, or get hit with a much higher rate.  So if when you do get a car if you see anything in the documentation that says something to the effect of "contingent on financing"..don't sign anything until they guarantee (in writing) that the loan is approved.

Remember that the dealer is not your friend.  They are trying to sell you a car and many would tell you that the car runs on air and spits gold bricks out of the exhaust if they think it would get you to sign on the dotted line.

You Said It!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You said your "contract" is for a TRIAL period of three months.  That's different from being hired for a job!  If the "employer" thought this was a full time job, then you would be hired as a "full time employee" rather than for a TRIAL PERIOD.  As such, they felt a bit antsy about your ability to repay the loan based on a three month trial period, which could go "south" after that three month period.