Complaint Review: Brown Hand Center

• Reported By: Jill — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Brown Hand Center
18518 Hardy Oak San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Brown Hand Center Small Incisions, Enormous Bill San Antonio, Texas

I was lured by the advertising and the promise of a quick recovery.    My initial visit lasted 10 minutes.  I talked to the doctor who was ready to operate on both hands for carpal tunnel and also include a surgical procedure for DeQuervain's tenosynovitus.  I was also scheduled quickly for a nerve test to confirm doctor's diagnosis.  My "co-pay" was $20.00 that day.  I assumed they were an in network provider due to the low amount on the copay.

I went home and did additional research and found they had an F rating from the Better Business Bureau.  I called my insurance company and found out that they are not covered by Humana.  I cancelled my nerve test.  Two weeks later, my insurance comany sent me a statement saying that the 10 minute diagnosis cost $350.00.  Of course, because they are out of network, I owe most of it.  Can you imagine the cost of the surgery? My provider said the nerve test would have been entirely up to me.

I went to an in network provider and instead of immediately setting me up for a very costly surgery (especially if done at Brown), I was given a steroid shot that fixed the Dequrvain's and I was given excercises to see if that worked first.  Amazing how I wasn't being shuffled into surgery quickly and blindly.

Long story short, stay away from Brown unless you are willing to bleed money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brown-Hand-Center/San-Antonio-Texas-78258/Brown-Hand-Center-Small-Incisions-Enormous-Bill-San-Antonio-Texas-906878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brown Hand Center