Complaint Review: Bruce Jacobs Esq

• Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: kativaz — FT LAUDERDALE Florida United States of America
Bruce Jacobs Esq
169 E Flagler St Ste 1640, miami, Florida United States of America

Bruce Jacobs Esq Bruce Jacobs & Asscoiates P.A. Takes your money and does nothing miami, Florida

*General Comment: Bruce Jacobs is the best

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My firm made the effort but the bank denied her a loan modification

Bruce Jacobs was hired to resolve our foreclosure issue with Chase Bank.  The house had been vacant for 3 years.  He charges $500-$1000,00 down with $500.00 due every month until the case is resolved. In the 7 months we retained his groups services, the were able to get as far as I did by myself.  I hired a real estate agent who was affiliated to a real estate attorney who's fee was $500.00 flat, and my house was short saled within 2 months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2012 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bruce-Jacobs-Esq/miami-Florida-33131/Bruce-Jacobs-Esq-Bruce-Jacobs-Asscoiates-PA-Takes-your-money-and-does-nothing-miami-F-844516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bruce Jacobs Esq

#1 General Comment

Bruce Jacobs is the best

AUTHOR: Gerald Greenwald, MD - ()

BankUnited had forced placed insurance on my home. I had always maintained insurance and proved it to BankUnited. BankUnited didn't care even after my insurance company verified my coverage had always been in place. They foreclosed

A "retired" judge just pushed the foreclosure through, but Bruce Jacobs put what he needed to on the record. We appealed and BankUnited capitulated. I remain in my home thanks to Bruce Jacobs' tenacity and total fairness.

Bruce Jacobs, to me, knows the foreclosure and real estate laws better than anyone I've heard of. He is furthest from a ripoff that I ever experienced with an attorney. He does not miss a thing.

For me, Bruce Jacobs is the best. For me, Bruce Jacobs provided a miracle.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My firm made the effort but the bank denied her a loan modification

AUTHOR: Bruce Jacobs - (United States of America)

When Ms. Vazquez hired my firm, she had already filed for bankruptcy and already had a final judgment of foreclosure against her.  She hadn't paid her mortgage in almost four years.  She never asked me for help with a shortsale.  She wanted to push for a loan modification.

We promised to try to bring the bank to the negotiating table to discuss a loan modification.  We delivered on that promise.  It is not our firm's fault that the bank chose not to modify her loan after almost four years of nonpayment.  As my file reflects, any suggestion that we took her money and did nothing is just not true.

I reopened her foreclosure case and filed a motion to compel mediation which the Court granted.  Under the court order, we gave the bank her financial information and conducted a conciliation conference.  We got to the negotiating table sooner because the bank could not claim to have lost the documents under our order.

We had a conciliation conference which is a basically a telephone conference call with the client, the Bank's lawyer and the Bank's representative.  During that conference, the bank advised Ms. Vazquez did not qualify for any of their modification programs.  She had no meaningful defenses and hadn't made a payment in almost four years.  Ms. Vazquez terminated my service right after the telephone conference.

I am glad she went forward with a short sale and I hope she obtained a waiver of deficiency.  However, we did make the effort. We just cannot guaranty the bank will work with us on every client's case.