Complaint Review: Bruce Walters Ford

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:Pikeville Kentucky
Bruce Walters Ford
South Mayo Trail Pikeville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Bruce Walters Ford Service Department Sabotage Pikeville Kentucky

I recently purchased a new Lincoln MKX at a dealer in Circleville, OH. The vehicle had a factory defect and required repairs. Since I live in Pikeville, KY I thought I will just take it in to Bruce Walters as they will be more than happy to complete warrenty work on the vehicle regarless of where it was purchased. This was one of the worst decisions I have ever made.

Walters replaced a factory defective drive shaft, keeping my vehicle for a week and refusing to provide me with a loaner or rental car (a Lincoln requriement I found out later). When I finally was able to pick the vehicle up it was horribly out of alignment (a condition that did not exist prior to Walters performing the work). After taking the vehicle back in to be lined up Walters informed me that the vehicle was not out of alignment but had a bad tire and would need to be replaced (more warrenty work for them). I knew that was ridiculous as the condition did not previously exist, so if the tire went bad it was while the vehicle was sitting stationary on the Bruce Walters lot. Not only that but there was a large blue ink pen mark going down the middle of the passenger seat of a brand new 45,000 dollar vehicle (Walters did not dispute making the ink mark and sent the vehicle for cleaning however it was not effective).

I felt that Walters was attempting to make as much money as possible in this situation by performing unnecessary warrenty work so I scheduled an appointment at the original seller to have the vehicle checked out. Not to my surprise the original dealer was able to resolve the issue relatively quickly by fixing the front end alignment. The original dealer informed me that the vehicle had been adjusted out of factory spec for allignment and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the tires on the vehicle. On top of that they had to replace the brakes and rotars as when Bruce Walters rotated the tires in and attempt to "diagnose" the problem the lugs were not properly tightened causing damage to the brake rotars and putting my wife's life in danger. The original dealer was also unable to remove the ink stain but did order us a new seat to make it right.

Bruce Walters Ford made every effort to cause more and more issues with our vehicle and we eventually had to drive 4 hours away to solve a relatively simple problem. I fully believe that Walters Ford purposfully screwed up/mis-diagnosed our vehicles problems to continue to "work" on the vehicle as they were simply pumping Ford for warrenty money. Their service people were beyond rude, even causing my wife to cry at one point. These people are scam artists of the highest degree and it is no wonder that people in this area drive hours away rather than buy a vehicle in their own back yard.

Kendawg
Pikeville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 05:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bruce-Walters-Ford/Pikeville-Kentucky-41501/Bruce-Walters-Ford-Service-Department-Sabotage-Pikeville-Kentucky-342252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bruce Walters Ford