Complaint Review: Brussels Exterminating

• Submitted: Fri, September 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 14, 2012

• Reported By: Takiyah — Laurel Maryland U.S.A.
Brussels Exterminating
817 Silver Spring Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910 Internet United States of America

Brussels Exterminating Exterminating Service, Internet

Brussells Exterminating send out a sales representative to have you sign a year long contract to have your home exterminated. They - tell you - you can get out of if you have financial difficulty, but when you do have financial problems they just put you into another contract. Does it really take a year to get rid of bugs? They know that it only takes a few months but they try to convince you your problem could take a while to get under control and that the contract is for your best interest.

My original contract was with a down payment around $100, I think,  and $55 per month for a year. I paid for this contract for about 3-4 months.  Once I was laid off from my job, I called them to see if I could cancel the contract, as I was told I could do. Plus the bugs were already gone.  Instead of cancelling they put me into another year long contract paying $75 quarterly. I basically had no choice but to sign it to try and pay less money even though I didn't even need the service and I was not working.

The last straw is when they call you and hound you to death to make appointments. Oh and they will come by your house without confirmation and spray the outside of you house and leave a bill. They will leave a message on your voicemail and send someone out without getting the okay from you. Their explanation is that the "contract" is really for outside service and inside service is only as requested. So their contract gives them carte blanche to do whatever, just to get their money. Take my advice don't get involved in any contract with these people. If you do sign anything with any exterminating company try to make short term or cancellable because who wants to pay for something they don't need!! Brussells exterminating does not care whether you need their service or not!! They just want your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2012 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brussels-Exterminating/internet/Brussels-Exterminating-Exterminating-Service-Internet-941298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brussels Exterminating