Complaint Review: BrylaneHome

• Updated: Tue, November 30, 2004

• Reported By:Annapolis MD
BrylaneHome
Nationwide U.S.A.

Brylane Home I'm sorry you didn't get your full order but we're still not refunding your shipping charges Indianapolis Indiana

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Shipping Charges

After searching the website brylanehome.com for comforters for her college dorm, and after quite a few 'unavailable please try again responses', my daughter settled on a comforter. It was not avbl in twin but avbl in full. I ordered it for her and decided as a surprise, to throw in a toss pillow which arrived today.

After wondering why there was no comforter, and noticing that the pillow didn't look anything like what was pictured I began to check the invoice. The comforter was 'Not avbl'. I called customer service and told them what happened and told them that I would be returning the pillow. I asked if I would be refunded for the shipping since since I was not notified by e-mail or post card.

I was told no since it is not their policy to refund shipping charges...or to notify customers in advance if part of their order is not available.They send what they can, wait for you to call, and offer something else (which, by-the-way, was not avbl either!)
Live and learn

Carmen
Annapolis, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2002 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BrylaneHome/nationwide/Brylane-Home-Im-sorry-you-didnt-get-your-full-order-but-were-still-not-refunding-your-s-27560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BrylaneHome

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Shipping Charges

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

It is stated in the catalog that Brylane does not refund shipping charges for orders. I do know that they will provide UPS pickup labels at their expense for items that are damaged or incorrect.

I had several customers receive their packages ripped open or items weren't the same color as shown in the catalog. One lady who ordered the same item in three different colors received only one of the items that fit her. I remember transferring her to customer service to get her pickup label because there is no excuse for poor quality control.