Complaint Review: Buckmasters

• Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Deacon — Washington Washington DC USA
Buckmasters
10350 Highway 80 East Montgomery, Alabama United States of America

Buckmasters Buckmasters Magazine Bill for unordered, unwanted service/merchandise - telemarketing scam Montgomery, Alabama

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: response

I entered a contest on the Buckmasters web site some months ago, being careful to note that it was a contest entry only, that I was not making any purchase or signing up for membership. Some time later, I received a bill for $130.90 for a Buckmaster membership in the mail. I called their toll-free number to let them know that I had not ordered any membership, but they insisted that I had and refused to remove the charge. They have continued to send bills, dunning notices, and today even a letter threatening collection activity. They have also been calling me on my cell phone demanding payment. Each time, I have explained to them that I did not order anything, will not pay for anything, and that they should remove the charge and cease their harassment.

Today, I have done some research on the company and find that they have 342 complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau. I also did a google search on the web and found numerous other complaints about this same scam. So I have filed formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau of Alabama (where they are located), with the US Postal Inspector, and with the Attorney General of Alabama. If you have been scammed by this or any other company, I suggest you do the same. Here are the URLs where you can file your complaints:

Attorney General of Alabama: http://www.ago.state.al.us/consumer.cfm

US Postal Inspector: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

Better Business Bureau of Alabama: http://centralalabama.bbb.org/

Added note: In my research today, I finally found a different toll-free number to Buckmasters offices, so I called that one thinking that I might be able to circumvent the telemarketing boiler room and go directly to someone who might actually be concerned enough to remove me from their telemarketing list. All I got was more rudeness and more insistence that I must have subscribed, and more refusals to do anything about the continuing harassment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2009 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buckmasters/Montgomery-Alabama-36117/Buckmasters-Buckmasters-Magazine-Bill-for-unordered-unwanted-servicemerchandise-telema-513897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buckmasters

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

response

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I am a former employees of Buckmasters. i do believe the place is a scam. the manager ans employees only care about money. they would sign people up without their consent..it was aweful i am very sorry that this happened to you and the million other people. comment if u have any questions !