Complaint Review: Buck's Cottman Transmission

• Submitted: Thu, January 16, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, March 06, 2004

• Reported By:Mandeville Louisiana
Buck's Cottman Transmission
4200 Veterans Blvd Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

Buck's Cottman Transmission The Biggest Rip Off and Worst Headache Money Can Buy Metairie Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: Transmission Problems? Run from Cottman!

I brought my car to Cottman hopeing they could fix the problem like they said they could. They failed to do so miserably. They had my car for over three weeks and failed to do anything except replace a transmission computer (which they claim was broken) with a "rebuilt one". I never authorized any repairs to be made and I was forced to pay them to get my car back. I drove it in and it was towed out.

I brought my car to the dealer where they told me the computer must be replaced because the one Cottman put in was deffective. They got my car back in less than a week and it actually ran this time. Cottman is the biggest rip off imaginable and DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. On top of this the manager Mike was very rude and refused to work with me. I just wanted my old computer back and no charge, but I did not recieve it.

Chris
Mandeville, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2003 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bucks-Cottman-Transmission/Metairie-Louisiana-70006/Bucks-Cottman-Transmission-The-Biggest-Rip-Off-and-Worst-Headache-Money-Can-Buy-Metairie-1029205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buck's Cottman Transmission

Transmission Problems? Run from Cottman!

AUTHOR: Anita - (U.S.A.)

I paid Cottman $2500.00 for a rebuilt transmission. They did not rebuild it completely. Replaced only a few of the parts.