Complaint Review: Budget Blinds - Gibsonia PA

• Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: lbkid1981 — Penn Hills Pennsylvania United States of America
Budget Blinds - Gibsonia PA
313 Willett Road Glenshaw, Pennsylvania United States of America

Budget Blinds - Gibsonia PA Owner - Jeremy Takes down payment and does not deliver Glenshaw, Pennsylvania

My wife and I contacted Budget Blinds in early April 2012 inquiring about their products. After a few more emails and calls the owner, Jeremy, agreed to meet with us on 4/19 in our home.

On 4/19/2012 Jeremy arrived at our home and brought his samples. My wife and I selected styles and fabrics and Jeremy took measurements. The total value of the blinds (11 in all) was just over $1,600.00. Jeremy stated the ordering process required a down payment of at least 50% and delivery was within two weeks. The final 50% was to be paid upon delivery.

Due to my pay schedule, I asked if I could post-date a check to May 1 (paid monthly). Jeremy agreed and the blinds were ordered and scheduled to be installed by 5/4. On 5/1 our check was deposited and cleared the following day. Up until this point, we had no communication from Jeremy. On 5/4 I contacted him via email and phone inquiring to where our product was and if we can reschedule installation.

We did not hear from Jeremy over the weekend so I emailed him on 5/7. He promptly responded and stated he had his appendix removed and was recovering. He stated one style of blind (roman, 4 ordered) was awaiting fabric from overseas, but the cellulose style (qty 7) had shipped. I inquiried for a tracking number for the blinds or estimated delivery date, I was provided with neither.

That evening I was contacted by Jeremy stating there was no tracking number and the blinds would be at least another three weeks. I was told installation would "probably" occur by Memorial Day. Oddly enough, he told me he was in his van. Had his appendix been removed, how can anyone be up for bending so much at the waist by driving?

After speaking with my wife and us viewing similiar complaints from this website and others, I emailed Jeremy stating our intentions to cancel our order and requested a refund of our down payment. After three days Jeremy contacted me stating our payment would arrive by 5/12. The check arrived 5/15.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Blinds-Gibsonia-PA/Glenshaw-Pennsylvania-15116/Budget-Blinds-Gibsonia-PA-Owner-Jeremy-Takes-down-payment-and-does-not-deliver-Glensha-884228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Blinds - Gibsonia PA