Complaint Review: Budget Brakes

• Updated: Mon, December 07, 2009

• Reported By: Terry — Huntsville Alabama USA
Budget Brakes
4703 University Drive Huntsville, Alabama United States of America

Budget Brakes Do not use this company..they will inflate the bill with unneeded parts Huntsville, Alabama

They tried to tell me that my Explorer needed three rotors replaced because they were "beyond" the thickness where they could be turned.  They said that both the front and rear brakes were past the replacement point.  Their estimate was $670 for the repairs.  When I told the repairman that I was going to get another estimate he then told me that they could replace just the brake pads for $78/axle but that any vibrations would not be corrected.  I argued with him that I could not believe that any of the rotors were worn past the turning point because this was the first time that the brakes had been replaced and the rotors had never been turned before.  The vehicle only has 55k miles on it!  He then tried to explain to me how the brakes wear down the rotors and make them thin.  The guy was completely full of crap and had no idea what he was talking about.  Total ripoff.

I took the vehicle to Top Line Tires across the street and they inspected the brakes and told me that only the front pads needed to be replaced and that all rotors were fine.  They said that the rear pads probably had another 20k miles on them.  I asked them to go ahead and replace the rear pads and they said that they would if I wanted but that it would be a waste of money because it was not needed.  I then had them only replace the front pads and turn the front rotors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2009 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Brakes/Huntsville-Alabama-35816/Budget-Brakes-Do-not-use-this-companythey-will-inflate-the-bill-with-unneeded-parts-Hun-535347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Brakes