Complaint Review: Budget Brakes

• Reported By: Anonymous — Mobile Alabama United States of America
Budget Brakes
2450 Government Street Mobile, Alabama United States of America

Budget Brakes $449.92 vs. $136.00 Mobile, Alabama

On March 9, 2013, I took my Camry in for a front end alignment and to replace the back brakes. After 4 hours of waiting (had a friend pick me up after 2 hours of waiting) for my car to be put on the rack, I received a phone call from Budget Brakes.

Your vehicle not only needs brake pads in the back but rotors also because they are scrubbing metal-to-metal. You also need brakes in the front because they are no good either.

So I ask, "Well I don't hear any squealing or scrubbing in the front. Are you sure I need front brakes?"

I was told I definitely needed them and waiting to get them would be a bad thing.

The Budget Brake rep then quoted me a price of $449.92 for standard pads and $581.92 for premium pads. These charges included parts and labor for front and back brakes and back rotors. These totals didn't include a front end alignment, which I also needed. Suffice to say, I didn't have any work done because it just didn't sound right.

I took my car to a different mechanic. He charged me $30 for labor, the parts were $86 and the alignment was $40. Grand total out of pocket: $136.00. And he said my front brakes and back rotors were fine! He couldn't understand why Budget Brakes would tell me I needed those services when I didn't.

The best part of the story; $86 for parts included rotors that I purchased. Now I can take those back and get my money back!

I hope this more than obvious SCHEME of Budget Brakes will help someone decide to go elsewhere when needing automotive repair work done. This Budget Brakes is the epitome of dishonesty and overcharging!

My daddy taught me better than to fall for tom-foolery Budget Brakes! Thanks daddy for all those days when I was a child that you let me hangout while you were under the hood; teaching me things that help me recognize BS at its finest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Brakes/Mobile-Alabama-36606/Budget-Brakes-44992-vs-13600-Mobile-Alabama-1028590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Brakes