Complaint Review: Budget Car Rental

• Updated: Fri, August 08, 2008

• Reported By:Asheville North Carolina
Budget Car Rental
Minneapolis., Minnesota U.S.A.

Budget Car Rental Tried to over charge my credit card for car rental Minneapolis. Minnesota

There are two pick-up locations in Minneapolis. I called the airport to reserve a car. The agent told me that they would have to get the car from the down town location.
When I arrived to pick up the car, the agent with whom I had spoken, was the person behind the counter. I asked if he had my reservation. He said yes. He upgraded me to a larger car....at more expense. I agreed reluctantly feeling that a Crysler Sebring should have been classified as a midsize car. He said it was not classified as a midsize. So I allowed the upgrade for $80 more for 5 days for a total rental of $310.99. He directed me get the car at parking space 37 there at the airport. Everything went smoothly, the car performed flawlessly. I returned it on time 7/17/08
Upon receiving my credit card bill last week ........instead of a posting of $310.99, they had charged me $751.52. I called customer service to get the bill corrected. They contended that I was to pick the car up at the down town location. I had asked the agent behind the counter if I needed to go elsewhere to get the car....He said, no, it is just out the door there at the airport.
After two calls with rude and insulent customer service personelll, I found their e-mailed for their corporate address and eventually left a message for Public Relations supervior. In less than 30 minutes, the person who called me, reviewed my complaint from their records and agreed to credit the over charge to my credit card. I sent a letter of comendation for his professionalism and included a note of repudiation about the customer service department. The leter was sent to the Human Relations Department.
A letter to thier corporate directors is in order.

Persistence does pay off....but should not have been necessary

John
Asheville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2008 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Car-Rental/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55111/Budget-Car-Rental-Tried-to-over-charge-my-credit-card-for-car-rental-Minneapolis-Minnesot-360663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Car Rental