Complaint Review: Budget Car Rental

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: Denise — Atlanta Georgia USA
Budget Car Rental
6 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054 Parsippany, New Jersey United States of America

Budget Car Rental Budget, Budget Rental Cars, Budget Rent a Car Scammed by misleading and untruthful upsell Parsippany, New Jersey

I believe I was systematically defrauded during my rental car pick up at Newark Airport.

I was working with a counter representative who had the word "manager" in her title, so I assumed she was not new to Budget.  Yet, she made one offer, then tried to bill me another.  It was only because I paid attention to the bill that I was able to catch the fact that the dollar amount she quoted was not what she charged.  She tried to pretend it was because of taxes, but I could clearly see that the tax was taken at the bottom.  She fixed this, but with almost no apology.

Secondly, she claimed I would get money back, and then admitted later it was just a charge I would avoid.  This continued to raise my suspicions because it just became more and more like she was trying to throw so much at me that I felt like I was getting a deal, when really she was just lying.

And worst of all - she told me there were no cars available with EZPASS without paying more.  This cornered me into upgrading.  However, I mistakenly got into the wrong car and to my surprise - it had EZPASS!  She blatantly lied to my face.  This was a lower priced car that had EZPASS and yet she made me choose a higher level car (at first, two levels up then..."wow" she found one just one level up...).

The quality of service and the ethics of the business practices behind Budget Rental are awful.

I contacted Budget after this occurred and got an automatic response, but nothing else...further showing their true colors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Car-Rental/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Budget-Car-Rental-Budget-Budget-Rental-Cars-Budget-Rent-a-Car-Scammed-by-misleading-and-949262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Car Rental