Complaint Review: Budget Car Rental

• Updated: Sat, October 03, 2009

• Reported By: Robert — Fort Lauderdale Florida USA
Budget Car Rental
6 Sylvan Way Parsippany, New Jersey United States of America

Budget Car Rental CENDANT CORPORATION Clerk cheated me by not honoring promotion guaranteed in written confirmation. Parsippany, New Jersey

*Author of original report: More information from Complainee

I had a written confirmation from Budget Car Rental stating the type of car, the price, and the special promotions included in this particular reservation.  The written confirmation included two promo benefits and the Budget Car Rental Shreveport Airport location refused to honor them.

FORGIVE ME BUT I MUST USE THE WORD "CHEAT".  The clerk cheated and lied to me.  She said she had no place to put the offers into her computer screen because they were a licensee and did not accept offers.  The following customer has a promotional offer and the clerk did find a place on her computer screen to enter his promo.  I confronted her about that and she said the truth was my rate was too good to give me the additional offers.  She said that since that particular Budget location was a licensee they did not have to honor the offer even though it was guaranteed in the written confirmation.

The confirmation and the advertisement stated I would get BOTH OFFERS AND NOT ONE OR THE OTHER AND NOT NEITHER OFFER WE ARE JUST JOKING AND WE ARE GOING TO CHEAT YOU.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2009 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Car-Rental/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Budget-Car-Rental-CENDANT-CORPORATION-Clerk-cheated-me-by-not-honoring-promotion-guarantee-503496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Car Rental

More information from Complainee

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

I re-read my angry statements from a few hours ago.  I am still mad as hell but want to clarify a couple things.  The clerk was not dishonest and she did not cheat me.  She was honest by the end of our conversation and stated her boss would not let her honor my written confirmation benefits.  She was actually quite nice about it.  I blame poor management and training for the problem.  And in my opinion I was cheated but not by her; I was seemingly cheated by the company not honoring my benefits.  A Delta Airline Budget Car Rental promotion got me to rent a car but did not follow through and give me the offer they promised for renting the car.  This is the link I followed: