Complaint Review: Budget Car Rental

• Updated: Thu, April 23, 2009

• Reported By:vancouver British Columbia
Budget Car Rental
416 W. Georgia St Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Budget Car Rental Total scam they don't explain the insurance or deductible Vancouver British Columbia Canada

*UPDATE Employee: Budget employee responds

So because of my job I have to rent cars a lot. I had to go for two days and found budget had a cheap rate on a car. When I arrived the guy told me about getting the ldw or insurance which as he explain, 'will cover the car, any damage to it so you can just walk away." So I said ok I paid the xtra 80 bucks for the two days, even though I have my own insurance but figured this way I don't have to worry about anything. I even asked him if I got a chip on the windshielf would I be covered, he said yes.

So on my way back yesterday a huge semi truck sped past me and kicked up sme gravle on the hood. Well I ended up getting a s good chip on the windshield. I felt good though that I paid the xtra money knowing I would be covered. We'll upon returning the car today they told me I owed an additional $300 for the damage of the chip. I asked to speak to a manager who told me well you got our insurance but you have a deductible of 300 dollars so you have to pay that. I explained to him that my service guy Michael told me with getting the extra damage waiver I wouldn't have to worry about anything and that he never told me about a deductible. I even told them I've rented cars in the past, gotten a chip on the car and never owed them a dime. Well the manager was rude and refused to do anything.

Meanwhile two customers next me both got cars with the same insurance ploicy and the sale clerk never once told them about the 300 deductible. I don't understand what the point is in getting their insurance when it does nothing. The manager even had the odacity to tell me that they don't make any money on selling the consumer their insurance policy. I feel ripped off and if they would have told me about the deductible when I went to rent the car I never would have rented it in the first place, would have just used my own personal car. Now I have to fight with their claims people because this guy Michael, who has only been with budget didn't do his job. Never use them again! It's a scam.

Ella
vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2009 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Car-Rental/Vancouver-British-Columbia-v6b1z3/Budget-Car-Rental-Total-scam-they-dont-explain-the-insurance-or-deductible-Vancouver-Brit-440802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Car Rental

Budget employee responds

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I work for Budget, but in another city. I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience when you bought the LDW. We do not charge a deductible on windshields or any other damage to the cars when you buy the LDW from us. Different states have different insurance policies. But, either way, we are REQUIRED to divulge information on any hidden costs such as deductibles, taxes, etc. I would fight this charge if I were you. If they are charging your credit card, then inform the credit card company that you will dispute this charge if appears on your bill. If you have already paid it, then, sadly you have learned a hard lesson. But, please do not judge all Budgets by this one unscrupulous one. LDW is a good product, but must be explained to the renter. I do purchase LDW when I rent cars. I wouldn't if there were a deductible, though.