- Report: #796580
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Budget Garage Door Service
Budget Garage Door ServiceSan Diego, California United States of America
Budget Garage Door Service MAJANA INC Price Inflation on parts, lied about parts' availability to individual consumers San Diego, California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The technician told me the torsion spring must be replaced because it will snap if I don't. I was also told the spring can not be sold to end consumers because they are too dangerous (not true).
I ended up paying $800 for the followings:
- A pair of torsion springs (~0.135" diameter wire, ~2" inside diameter, ~26" in lengh): $175 each
- Two pulley cables: $125
- Center bearing for the springs: $125
- labor $153.5
- tax: $46.5
The total came to $800.
A search on the internet for the parts afterward showed the parts to be seriously inflated:
- A pair of torsion spring with the same spec is less than $70
- pulley cable (pair) is less than $10
- center bearing (steel) is less than $20
So, the company inflated the parts from around $100 to $600, and lied about their availability (specifically the torsion spring).
The owner, when confronted over the phone, admits the parts are inflated, and offered a $100 rebate for the pulley and the bearing ($50 rebate for the pulley, and $50 for the bearing, which I did not accept). When asked about the statement about the availability, he admits they are available, but stressed that they are only available online.
This company is not honest, and they intentionally misinform their customer in order to lead you into believing only they are able to obtain the parts needed for the work. Stay away!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2011 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Garage-Door-Service/San-Diego-California-/Budget-Garage-Door-Service-MAJANA-INC-Price-Inflation-on-parts-lied-about-parts-availabi-796580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.