Complaint Review: Budget Inn

• Submitted: Fri, August 10, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 10, 2007

• Reported By:Gilmer Texas
Budget Inn
Greer Bvld. Pittsburg, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Motels

Budget Inn Filthy Rooms with roaches ,unsanitary conditions ripoff Pittsburg Texas

This is the worst motel experience I have ever had to endure.A couple of weeks ago we had gone out to play in a shuffle board tournament and we had a few beers and decided to rent a room so as not to drive in this condition.The Budget Inn was very close and easy to get to so we stopped there to stay the night. We rented our room. It cost us $40.00 no tax by the way and we we're given room 103. I opened the door to go inside and turned the lights on and roaches started scattering everywhere!I just could not believe we we're expected to sleep in there! I killed a few but there we're just so many and I just could not stay in there. I went back to the office and told the woman behind the counter I wanted another room. After an act of congress I finally just told the woman to come with me and look. Well she did and grudgingly gave me another room.

This time she put us in number 106. It smelled terrible but thankfully no visible roaches. The room was very hot and the air conditioner has seen better days but we turned it on anyway after figuring out which button to use(there was no front panel on it). While we we're waiting on the room to cool down we decided to heat up a couple of sandwiches we had bought to eat. No microwave. There was a fridge to keep them cool so we put them in there until we could heat them when we got home the next day.

I decided to do a closer inspection on the room.It was unbelievable. I took pictures but have no idea of where to post them. This could get quite long so I am just going to list what I found.
1.Comode would not flush.
2.Horrible stains on carpet. I do not know what they were do not want to know.
3.The power outlet was broken and it sort of had duct tape covering it(half of it was missing and still exposed).
4. The sheets were filthy.
5. On one bed I turned back the sheets and found a mashed dead (large) roach or something. There were stains on the top sheet and fitted sheet. Hairs, mascara stains and who knows what the other stains were. 6.Turned the sheets back on the other bed and it was stained as well with what looked to be some kind of bug or rodent droppings.
7.The pillow cases were stained as well. I pulled the cases off and the bug droppings were also on the zippered pillow covering inside the case. I pulled this off and yes they were inside this as well!
8. There were obsene words scratched into the wall above one of the beds.
9. In the bathroom there was feces smeared on the wall and also what looked like dried blood specks here and there(again I have pictures).
10.The air conditioner never did cool the room as it should.We sweated all night.
11. the sink in the bathroom was falling off the wall. I am sure there were more things I could mention but I think these are enough.

I hate to say it but we did sleep there(on top of the bedspread where I am sure more than us have slept on)but we really had no choice because we had been drinking(not much but we were being responsible). We will never stay there again and I hope this report will advise others of what to expect before they are suckered in.

Charles
Gilmer, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2007 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Inn/Pittsburg-Texas-75686/Budget-Inn-Filthy-Rooms-with-roaches-unsanitary-conditions-ripoff-Pittsburg-Texas-1033196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Inn