Complaint Review: Budget Inn

• Submitted: Sun, October 17, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, October 17, 2004

• Reported By:Van Wert Ohio
Budget Inn
508 Greer Boulevard Pittsburg, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 903-856 3677
  • Web:
  • Category: Motels

Budget Inn ripoff I was rented a room that was so extremely filthy that my small dog objected to staying in it plus my dog encountered a skunk when I took her for a walk at the rear of the building Pittsburg Texas

While traveling home from a business trip in Hearne TX on 10/07/04, I was getting very tired from the days driving and was pleased when I came upon a Budget Inn in Pittsburg TX. It looked like it would be ok, however it WAS dark (it was about 9:30 pm), so I went ahead and registered, if that is what you want to call it. The TV in the lobby was so loud, I wasn't able to hear the young man behind the counter, with a small window w/bars across it. He said he was watching the place for his freind, the manager, who was not there. He DID come out of the small office, so we could hear each other, but stll did not turn down the tv in the lobby.

I paid cash, so they would not have access to my credit card number. In hindsight, I admitt I should have just turned around and left the property, but I was very tired, and thought it would be alright once I got to my room (#105). First I decided to take my small dog for a walk in the rear of the property near what appeared to be trash containers. Countless animals scattered when I approached, but my dog was very excited about one animal that did not run away and ran right up and jumped on it. My dog reteated at my alarmed command, and to my horror discovered it was a skunk! For some unknown reason the skunk did not spray, and I did not wait around for it to change it's mind.

I then entered the room that was assigned to me and soon decided I would rather hang out with the skunk! What a pitiful sight and smell. There was not one square inch of this room that could be called clean. Stained from top to bottom, smelling of urine and smoke and Lord knows what else.

I was to shocked and quite frankly, scared to request my money back,(34.00). No sales tax charged.

I just don't understand how Budget Inn can connect themselves with this kind of trashy filth and intimadation. Where is the Health Department of this city? How can this be happening to people from a franchise company. What a RIP-OFF!!!

Do to the condition of this building, it should be distroyed, not charging unsuspecting people money. Needless to say I will never even concider a Budget Inn ever again for a nights rest, no matter where it is!!!

Vern
Van Wert, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2004 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Inn/Pittsburg-Texas-75686/Budget-Inn-ripoff-I-was-rented-a-room-that-was-so-extremely-filthy-that-my-small-dog-objec-113334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Inn