Complaint Review: Budget Mobile

• Updated: Fri, August 01, 2014

• Reported By: Dawn — Sun Lakes Arizona
Budget Mobile
4819 N. 27th Ave Phoenix, Arizona USA

Budget Mobile They sold me a $65 phone and failed to provide Lifeline Service Phoenix Arizona

*General Comment: FYI Rip off report can NOT go after monies

All dates are approximate except 6/16/2014 and 7/28/2014

06/16/2014 I drove 60 mi R/T to obtain Lifeline text, talk and internet phone for which I qualify.   Mr. Salas told me to purchase his $64.81 cell to receive internet. I submitted my 2012 Tax Return submitted showed no taxable income, just a minus figure (tax credits) in the income box. They activated service and within several days it was suspended because they now wanted my 2013 tax return"

Because I make no income, am 79 years old I don't need to file an income tax return, but I hastily found a CPA who would prepare one, which again showed a negative income. After receiving it about 10 days later it was faxed it to their rep Gabby for verification.  She said she sent it to their compliance office- assigned to Yorie Verellis. Yorie told Gabby I made too much money. Gabby understood the tax return and kept telling Yorie that the return showed I have no taxable income. Yorie did not know how to read the income tax return disputed Gabby's interpretation and denied service.  They went back and forth for weeks trying to have the phone reconnected no avail.  All this while I was in touch with

Gabby and she finally confessed she was getting nowhere didn't know what  to do.  I said, let me try.  I called the tel #480-848-4007 she gave me but couldn't locate Yorie. No one I talked to  knew what I was talking about. Finally I looked up Budget Mobile's corporate name/address and found their customer service number 888.777.4007.  They instructed me to fax a copy of my 2013 income tax, a cover letter, and the cell phone number to "Summar" at Budge Mobile 1888-908-9086. I complied  After several days I called and they couldn't find me or my tax return. Several more attempts were made.  Finally at one point they said they found the  email and tax return and told me to call back in 48 hours.  I called back in 48 hours and they could not find my name nor my account.  How much harder could I have  tried?

7/24:  Called Gabby said "I GIVE UP"  Can I return the phone and get my $64 back?  She said, she's ask her boss, Robert Salas. When I called she said he agreed to refund the $64.81.  I told her I

would be there Monday 7/28 to get my check.  She was not there.  There was one agent there trying to accommodate everyone. After waiting 2 hours wait, the agent called Mr. Salas who now refused to refund the $64.81.  His excuse "It was after 30 days"  After 30 days for what?  I signed no contract.  He agreed to refund my money.  Mr. Salas was fully aware of the difficulty we experienced trying to obtain service.  He agreed to refund the money then next day reneged.   Can you help me get my $64.81 back, plus what I paid for the internet?   I have purchased another internet service and another phone.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Mobile/Phoenix-Arizona-85017/Budget-Mobile-They-sold-me-a-65-phone-and-failed-to-provide-Lifeline-Service-Phoenix-Ari-1166807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Mobile

#1 General Comment

FYI Rip off report can NOT go after monies

AUTHOR: Evagoblog - ()

or the company, they are a forum to warn others, and they don't have the resources (we're lucky we don't have to pay, although I'm sure this site WOULD appreciate donations.)

First, do everything by debit or credit card, you may be able to reverse the charges, Secondly, every state has a consumer reporting agency, start with them, they may tell you to file a suit in small claims but at least the company will have a formal complaint against them on record and if you DO sue even if you don't win, you will have the joy of having them go to the hassle of going to court (and if they DON'T show up, you'll get the judgement by default) and although the Better Business Bureau doesn't really do much, again they'll have a negative review on their site which will make others hesistant to use that business.