Complaint Review: Budget Rental Car

• Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: DeeDee — Hialeah Florida
Budget Rental Car
17050 NW 57th Ave Hialeah, Florida United States of America

Budget Rental Car Located at Pep Boys Store in Hialeah, Florida Additional Mileage Fee Hialeah Florida

*Author of original report: Yo Roberto!

*Author of original report: Budget Car Rental Complaint

*Consumer Comment: bob from irvine is a true April fool

*Consumer Comment: Really?

Budget Rental Car Consumer Ripoff!

Watch your online booking agreement, for extra mileage charges when booking with Budget
Rental Car thru the Internet site or via phone reservation.  I booked a minivan for 2 days, they quoted me $250.00.  When I went to pick it up I notice the confirmation said "300 free miles" (I have not rented a car in 15 years) so I asked the agent what that meant, she said she did not know and that she had to call the manager over the phone.  She could not get a hold of him, and unfortunately I took the car.

I was billed by Budget $496.00 for two days.  I would "Never" had rented that car if I had the knowledge that it would cost me cost me $250 per day.  Even their name is Deceitfull.  $250 per day is not considered a Budget, in any sence of the word.

I truly believe that Budget does this to mislead the consumer.  When I called them to complain, and told them that there were over 300 complaints online on them, they said that was not much out of millions of people that book rental cars with them.  So I guess it is worth it for them to deceive consumers because most consumers either do not complain or maybe notice the overcharges.

I will report this deceitful practice to the National Consumer Protection Bureau and see what can be done.  I consumer stopped other ripoff practices from credit cards companies to phone companies, I'm sure we can stop rental car ripoffs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Rental-Car/Hialeah-Florida-33015/Budget-Rental-Car-Located-at-Pep-Boys-Store-in-Hialeah-Florida-Additional-Mileage-Fee-Hi-1039630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Rental Car

Yo Roberto!

AUTHOR: DeeDeeMiami - ()

Dude, I can spell or misspell my complaint, I can live in Florida or California.
I still got a complaint!

Focus Dude!

Budget Car Rental Complaint

AUTHOR: DeeDeeMiami - ()

I failed to include in my complaint (because I was so angry) that when I made my reservations the agent specifically said "unlimited miles".  That is why I did not understand what 300 free miles meant.

bob from irvine is a true April fool

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - ()

back 2 d old copy and paste??go bak 2 d home where y belong and take ur meds

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I truly believe that Budget does this to mislead the consumer
- Umm...so you see that your rate includes "300 free miles".   Wouldn't it be logical to ask.."Gee..what happens when I go over 300 miles, are they no longer free?".   By the way I would bet that if you looked at the document you signed..it stated exactly what would happen when you went over 300 miles.

I am very curious as to what exactly you thought that statement meant?

- Even if they only had 1 million customers ever and those 300 that is a complaint rate of only 0.03%.  Would every company want a 0% complaint rate..of course but that is not practical when you are talking about millions of customers.  Just about every company would be ecstatic with a rate such as this.  Of course you are also taking a couple of other assumptions..that every one of those complaints involve people not understanding the mileage or that even all of those complaints are valid.

- It looks like the Educations System in Florida needs some work..perhaps that would be a good place to start.